Tuesday, August 12, 2014


I crashed upon a grey leather couch in the middle of my studio. My body craved to sleep; how could someone be denied of such a simple pleasure? It became now a luxury for a guy like me.
The storm outside didn´t help much either; the thunder was an ancient fear of mine; my heart beat so fast and my white rabbit got easily startled.
"There now; it´ll be alright, Scraps," I said as I took him out of his cage and stroke his back. "I will be alright as well."
The child within me was peeking. I couldn´t stay one minute longer inside these walls; it felt so tense.
I stepped out into the rooftop after the rain weakened. There was not a single soul out there at 3 in the morning only a bunch of buildings dimly lit. I seldom cared if I was scantily clad in the middle of this crazy weather; I just needed to ventilate and set my mind straight.
Now I could focus.
I had been working hard on new paintings for a show in a nearby gallery in Chelsea; they were eleven to be exact. The last one was by far the most challenging despite its simplicity.
I looked at my right hand compulsively and noticed the wounds healed quickly; I sliced it accidentally a few days ago and unfortunately it spread all over the canvas.
It had made an interesting figure however so I decided to paint around it to see how it turned out. It was a rabbit with long ears resembling the horns of a devil and in the center was the symbol of infinity. It looked childish at first but it turned powerful almost intimidating.
A demon taken out of my unconscious; I´ve been practicing this ever since I can remember, back when I was in high school struggling to become an example for society. It was supposed to close a circle of emotions; the ring leader, the counterpart of the Black Rabbit of Inle, the erotic side of me and the strong one.
How silent it was; how still

No comments:

Post a Comment