Tuesday, August 31, 2010

DRIVE ME

I tossed and turned all night feeling slightly feverish, although now that it comes to mind it must have been a side effect from my heated discussion with Edith, my non-artistic follower. Whenever I see ourselves in dreams we’re actually driving through random places; this time it was through a tunnel in Elyria. I swear I could even listen to another song in the background, Supersonic. It got me so hooked it actually inspired me to get my first real ride when I became famous.





"I need to be myself
I can't be no one else
I'm feeling supersonic
Give me gin and tonic
You can have it all but how much do you want it?
You make me laugh
Give me your autograph
Can I ride with you in your B.M.W ?
You can sail with me in my yellow submarine."

Anyway, for some goddamn reason I was riding barefoot, gave it a sense of freedom I suppose. Edith was my copilot, she looked like a sort of blonde, skinny girl, with a long silky ponytail, yet she’s doesn’t look like that in real life; she has these amazing long legs, freckled face, killer blue eyes and raven hair. One time they told me that people show their real selves in dreams. Hmm, it figures. Other than I think I may have developed a guilty pleasure.

Edith was awfully scared of being behind the wheel, she´s hardly done that in her short life. So, as I proposed,

“let’s add an element of risk. You do the driving, I’m just gonna guide you "

I scared the Hell out of her.

So she slowly positioned herself on the driver’s seat, can’t recall the speed on the meter though, who cares about road rules, screw them all!. The act of watching her take over was to show her that I’m the one who’s been in control of this relationship all this time, but she was afraid to jump in, most girls are like that with me, it makes sense now. It’s not like I’m gonna crash or anything like that, she acts like a child who cries over spilled milk. Can’t figure out what cosmic force drove me to her, I refuse to believe in that shit that opposites attract, but my presence keeps attracting vermin.

My sweet raven´s been feeling sort of homesick lately, holidays are coming up and her family keeps making plans way ahead of time. I should probably give her a hug every now and then. The problem is Edith always asks for something else every night, if you know what I mean.

I really wish you could do such a thing, test drive women, so much easier than dating.

ADRIAN , ARE YOU WELL?

And I answered feeling slightly puzzled, “how come you’re asking me that?”

BECAUSE IT’S NATURAL TO ASK THAT WHEN YOU DON’T LOOK SO WELL. Just like it´s natural for you to get sick.

I see, now it makes sense. My little adventure the other night had cost me a case of pneumonia, haven´t experienced since I was like, seven years old.

I can´t let this beautiful car of mine get crashed that easily, so whether I liked it or not I had to let my unconditional Edith take over the wheel. After all, she loves it to death.

No comments:

Post a Comment