Friday, December 10, 2010

EVERYTHING IN ITS RIGHT PLACE


"I tell you, woman, I felt displaced a few months ago and now things are finally beginning to take shape, " I said to Edith while on the train that would take us to Elyria. It was almost around six in the afternoon, December 24th and I felt like nothing at all. She looked serene and tried to act like everything was alright I could see deep down she wasn´t.

"I see now, did you enjoy it?" she said. I knew what she was talking about and for some goddamn reason it made me kinda shy.

"Well," I coughed, "you should know by now what I already like, don´t you?"

"I KNOW that, Adrian, you told me some time ago when we were dating, remember? All I´m saying is if you enjoyed it, as in did you have a good time over there?"

"I had to, because I couldn´t let them make look like an idiot."

"Why does that bother you, are you afraid that you´ll be put in a bad spotlight? Your pride is so huge you are willing to take that extra mile?" she said slightly upset.

"For your information I did enjoy it, I would gladly do it again," I said referring to that naughty kissing challenge. "Besides, you can´t complain, I came perfectly fine with you." I hugged her tightly and

"Fine, I was just checking, no need for details. I must admit that was a rather mad party."

"Just answer me this, would you have done it if they´d pick you and another girl?" I asked her being totally serious.

"No, I don´t think so, not like you did, probably just something mild, but no tongue involved."

"I see...I still don´t think you´re boring at all, only more conservative. I like that, you don´t have to do it if you don´t want to, and never to please me, because that would be extremely selfish of me."

"Sure.." she said staring in mid air.

"Anyway, I can almost see my hometown, the birthplace of geniuses, home of the champions," Edith broke in laughter; I knew I could make her smile again somehow.

No comments:

Post a Comment