Friday, December 3, 2010

AFTERMATH (continued):

"It´s OK if you wanna come with me, your presence doesn´t bother me at all, but still I have a feeling things might change after tonight." I said.

"Why so?" said Edith.

"Because, like I explained before, there´s something very unusual lurking in this place. But on the other hand, I´m starting to think it´s actually me," I said, but then I wish I could that back because it sounded like I had very low self-esteem.

"There´s nothing wrong with you, Adrian! You´re truly something, but never a failure, not to me," replied Edith.

"What about you? Wasn´t your little number last night a clear sign that you´re desperate for attention, that you don´t exist?"

"NO! Of course not. Just because I´m not that well-known like you doesn´t mean I´ve developed some sort of jealously if that´s what´s probably on your mind."

"Don´t say that, it sounds kind of over the top, don´t you think? Then again, I´m starting to realize that you´re not willing to go down with me to the bottom of the rabbit hole. Right after I mentioned the whole thing about the supernatural presence here you´re just walking away quietly."

"Fine, you want me to tell you that I believe that too? I could do it, but I´m not going to, and you know why? "

"Why?"

She sat down with me, "Gosh, your hands are so cold all the time...look, I´m just here to help you."

"Then stop treating me like I was one of your patients! Besides, it´s tolerable if I act differently because I´m artist, I can get away with it and nobody cares."

Edith stepped up and turned around. "Oh, I can´t believe this. I´ll pretend I didn´t hear that. "

"Tell me something right here, right now? Are you afraid to lose me? Do you think any other girl, or even any other guy could easily come here and steal me away from you?

She paused for a long moment.

"I thought I knew you. But then somehow you manage to change so that they can say you´re unpredictable like lightning,  and that´s OK but keep it in your work, not in our personal life."

"Right then, you don´t know me, Edith, you refuse to, you´re afraid of my sense of freedom because you have  never given yourself that opportunity. I risked a lot and I won in the end..."

"Me too! Did it ever occur to you that it was so difficult for me to overcome many traumas and then act like I´m in control so I can function in my everyday work. You saw me."

"You see what I mean? We´re two strangers now. But like I said, if you wanna come with me tonight; it ain´t that important to me anyway, I just want you to be by my side before I try jump again from the rooftop like I did the other day."

"I like doing those things with you, I think it´s truly fascinating to be with other crowds."

I wrapped her very tightly and said out loud, "you matter to me, kid, more than you think. I couldn´t trade you for any other person, not only because you help me fight my demons but because you listen to me every single word that comes out of me. You see the real me, not the other sides of me, and I don´t wanna go back and experience that. That´s why I said that you didn´t have to act all nasty last night." I took a deep sigh, "I love you so much I really thought I lost you for a second there..."

"Well, I can´t promise that I won´t be so impulsive anymore, but then again you should be more sincere. It´s a bit ridiculous that you feel intimidated now, don´t you think?" She noticed that I was sort of trembling with fear so she shook my shoulders very gently. "Hey, it´s alright, dear, I don´t bite.." she added.

I could also feel that this was gonna be another long night, Heaven or Hell help us...

No comments:

Post a Comment