Thursday, May 12, 2016

"I didn´t want to come here tonight but I had no choice," said Lis. "I don´t wanna lose him just yet. He´s just too precious."

"To you?"

"Of course. He means everything to me. I ask myself again and again why he does these things."

"Hey, it´s alright, Honey. You sound desperate, that´s all. How bad is it?"

"I don´t know yet. It´s taking so long. I hate the waiting."

"But you already know what it is, do you?"

Lis sighed deeply, "No and it´s the worst of hells!"

"Keep yourself together. That´s all you need to do for now. Do it for you, Lis."

"Dammit, I´m fed up with all of this! What am I supposed to do now?"

"Get some help. It´s a big cross to carry. Think about it for a while."

"Great. Thanks for reminding me. I´ll keep you updated, ok?"

"Take care, sweetheart."

Lis got off the phone with her mother who was thousands of miles away in Elyria while she was at ancient hospital in Manhattan. At least that´s she thought about it.
She and Adrian had very busy season

There was no else to talk to except for a middle-aged, bald man in a beige corduroy suit who held a rosary between his shabby fingers. He repeated in a low voice, "Please be alright, please be alright."
Lis slightly leaned her head against the wall. "Maybe Mom was right; I´m making a big deal out of this," she sighed. She kept rummaging through the pockets of her long burgundy flannel coat. When she felt jittery she played with the tips of her dark brown hair.
"He looked so jaded lately, could it be that he´s depressed?" she asked to herself naïve. Exhaustion sounds like an elegant word until I find a better one."
She quickly grabbed her smartphone and updated his page.
"I stopped running today."
It was a reference from an old chidren´s book, yeah, the one with the creepy rabbits. Adrian was very fond of them.

d iy art toys

I stopped being threathening and was downgraded to a pretentious little prick. Do I look like that to you? Do I look like an act? Am I trying too hard to sell something that´s no longer appealing?

It depends who you want to impress.

Why do you feel the need to constantly surround yourself in darkness?

It calms me down. Did that sound pretentious to you?

No, not at all.

Then I guess I made my point.

His kind I believed was endangered. The ones who gathered in the shadows to play; the old school goth. He looked like another one of the bunch, what made him different was his ambition. A lust for power and recognition without deserving it.

No comments:

Post a Comment