Thursday, August 21, 2014

It was a Friday night, it should have been something to be glad about, right?
"Everyday is exactly the same," so said a song. "There is no love here and there is no pain." I live surrounded in a cloud of mystery, I have wounds that never heal and the blood is smeared into an empty canvas.
I looked down below from the rooftop of my apartment and it resembled a hole, that´s where my rabbit went. But he was black and he´s not taking me to Wonderland is he?
It was cold and it´s drizzling; I was half naked and there was so much alcohol in my system enough to start a big fire. What now, whatever shall I do?
And a friendly voice called me, "Adrian, what are you doing outside? Do you even realize what time it is?"
That´s Edie, the sweetest girl I know.
In another realm called Elyria there was no rabbit hole but a frozen pond. My rabbit has fallen by accident and I want to reach out and grab him for I fear he cannot swim.
Or am I being so ignorant? He is but a servant of Death therefore he cannot perish, only me.
"You´re right, Edie," I said as I take her small hand. "I must be seeing things again."
"There now. You scare me sometimes! Come to bed."
Lock me up real tight so that I´ll never hurt you, just that. In a cage I look prettier than in a hole.

It was Hell to pay. I had gone early to bed to practice a bit of the old self destruction.

The following night I played this song:
"A Rabbit in Your Headlights."
I thought I was in the way while hitchhiking; you won´t notice me while I´m passing by. No one dares to pick up a dirty old mad man especially when he is just trying to get home.
That happened in a dream. And then the storm reprises. I kept talking while I was asleep; funny words that don´t make sense, pieces of a puzzle that don´t fit but there lies a truth in each of them;  a foretelling, the beginning of an end.
"A swarm is coming; it will invade my home...nothing will stop them."
I kept tossing and turning feeling slightly feverish.
"Dear, what´s wrong?" said Edie.
She had come up to my room and saw that I was uncovered; she even stroke my pale skin to make sure I was warm enough.
"You shouldn´t have gone out like that; it´s the middle of November.
"I can´t help being anxious most of the time," I said in a weary voice.
"Deadlines, huh? Well, that´s the real world I guess.  You look sick."
"It was gonna happen anyway."
"I´ll bring you something so at least you can get some sleep."

I ignore what she gave me but it only helped for a while. She even stayed by my side until I was able to close my eyes. I expected little from Edith and yet she cared for me so much.
I was thinking;  the main reason was that I let her in when her own parents shut the door. I loved everything about that kid; her dazzling blue eyes, the way she lit up the place with her smile.
None of that would be strong enough to bring me back from where I was headed to

No comments:

Post a Comment