Wednesday, August 13, 2014

“ There were things that the Red Queen hid carefully to avoid spreading chaos in an already chaotic place such as Wonderland.

Among them was the Black Rabbit, the White Rabbit's brother, of course. They were very close and used to have amazing adventures when they were little but had to be separated as they grew up. The White Rabbit was the eldest and had royal duties to perform being a messenger while the shady Black Rabbit had a much darker fate. He became a servant of Death and that is why when Her Majesty ordered any living thing that wasn't following her wicked rules to be sent to this fellow to have his or her head cut off.

As time went by, the Black Rabbit began to despise his work, he was beginning to grow weary and jealous of his brother who was always so zesty and could go anywhere he pleased without boundaries. One fine day he made a deal with the forces of the underworld and became something else, a beautiful monster that scared people away but who was willing to maintain the White Rabbit by his side no matter what and that they should never be apart.
"I would make your life a living hell," he said softly, "But I will never hurt you."

Then she took a sip of a teacup which was empty since she was in her usual childish pretend games. She lowered her head and her tone of voice changed dramatically.

“The Black Rabbit is angry, you can never leave...can never leave.”

I realized she was addressing me.

“Play with me, Adrian, play with me.”

“Why?”

“Just play along and no one will get hurt.”

I approached the table and joined the game which was apparently harmless.

“Ah, here he is! The White Rabbit joined and he looks as handsome as ever.” She wasn’t talking to me but someone else, another party guest.

“Isn’t it wonderful that the two of you are reunited, then? I know it’s a bit late but when you’re dead time is of so little use. I can see that our guest knows that quite well since he has removed all clocks from this room. He looks silent and sad, so sad...”

“I am not sad, I am curious to know what happens in here and when will this stop?” I said a tad desperate.

“You despise our company, that is well understood. I apologize for that, the coldness seems to precede us all the time and that’s what made you ill. Luckily, I have a cure...”

“Thank you,” I began, “but I’m feeling much better now.”

The child spoke like a delicate woman, with such manners; I had a bad feeling she was just acting, the real one would come out soon or later, “Oh, but who can guarantee you will not get sick again? I offer you this, so drink...”

The cup was empty so I had nothing to fear, “As you wish...”

I felt something hot down my throat and quickly spit it out in disgust; it was blood. I coughed several times to make sure it was completely out of my system.

“How rude, very rude indeed,” said the ghost of the girl. “It was supposed to be plain black tea.”

As soon as I was able to speak clearly I replied, “Then you did something to it.”

“Whatever comes out of that cup is exactly what you wish to have inside yourself,” said the other mystery guest.

“Is that a bad sign then?” I said coughing again.

“Blood is blood, it is tied to life thus if you reject it you’re disgusted with it. Suppose it is your own blood to drink so think it over, will you?”

“I need to leave, this has to be a dream...”

“But Adrian, you can never leave...”

No comments:

Post a Comment