Tuesday, September 16, 2014

I lost the habit of writing a journal since I was sixteen; it was because I made a promise that I would continue it when I became a famous and successful painter.
Well it all came true but it was absolutely necessary to leave Elyria, the town that I grew up in to establish myself in one of the most expensive neighborhoods in Manhattan.
I was named Adrian; only child of Mary and Adam Black, hard working, conservative citizens. I was born with these enchanting olive green eyes but was rather scrawny and pale.
The "quiet one" they always called me; at school, church, even the elders who lived downtown knew who I was. That easily became compensated with an insatiable appetite to record everything on paper.
Everywhere I went I carried a backpack full of loose paper and pencils. It became more frequent when I was six or seven years old. I used to take long walks around Cascade Park near the Black River.
And when there wasn´t much to draw I read a lot. What else could a lonely child do with so much imagination in a boring place anyway?
That´s when I discovered the strangest and most gruesome creature; the Black Rabbit of Inle; the messenger from the underworld from a book called Watership Down. I learned that it meant Death and it would follow me around wherever I went.

No comments:

Post a Comment