Thursday, July 6, 2017

I haven´t had the chance to write lately. I was thinking thoroughly and wondered if I write only when I´m sad. When I´m happy my mind goes blank and have nothing to complain about. Maybe it was just that. If I told what I´m doing today you would find it somewhat boring. Then again we can always exaggerate and throw in some nasty details to make it more exciting.


Blak and I have been together officially for about a year. Unfortunately we chose to hook up on Valentine´s Day and there would hardly be any room for quality time; I agreed to have a show at the old Chateau Licorne or as I prefer to call it, the Heartbreak Palace.


My band I had a serious rehearsal and finished until roughly five in the morning on a Monday. I came home at six. 

It was truly empty and cold; my housekeeper Rosie May was no longer with us; she went back to her hometown because of family matters. She was kind enough to send a replacement, apparently a niece.


After I had taken quick shower and some breakfast tea I plummeted in my favorite red couch. At this point my miniscule and pale body felt like a ton of bricks. 

Blak arrived some time later; I already recognized the sound of his hoofsteps; slow but firm.

He tapped my side and whispered softly into my ear,


"Hey, Love...you fell asleep here, again!" he cried.


"I´m half dead...don´t bother me."


"Oh bother...then maybe I should bring you back to life." Then he licked my face gently. Boy, it made me quiver.


"Come on! Gimme a break and let me sleep some more, " I said rubbing my eyes.


"Actually, it´s sort of late," he said timidly. "It´s about eleven in the morning, get up."


"Wha? And you woke me up for that? God..."


"You weren´t drinking last night by any chance? By your attitude it seems you were having a swell time."


"Pfff, I never drink when I´m rehearsing."


Then it was the moment when I should have kept my mouth shut; he was not supposed to know that.


"If you said that it´s because you´´ll be playing soon, when is that going to be?" he asked.


"Um, on the 14th..."


"And why didn´t you tell me this before?"


I was so embarrassed and my mind went blank.


"I´m so sorry! I´ll make it up to you."


"But I thought we were supposed to tell each other everything, Love."


"Are you mad at me?"


"No, it´s alright. Besides I´m not so hyped about that day. Just because everybody else says it´s special it has to be to us as well."


"Really?"


"Actually it was past the 14th when you first declared your feelings towards me. You were scared to Death."


"Well, I had no idea what was gonna happen. I just wanted to feel relieved."


"From what?"


"Don´t ask me that, it brings back painful memories."


And what I meant was old relationships that got screwed up on that special day. I was beginning to think that Valentine´s Day would be cursed for me so it makes sense why I didn´t feel like making plans that night.


"Hey, um, by any chance have you seen the cat?" I asked.


"No, I just got here."


"Because I could swear she laid beside me a few hours ago."


"Mmm, she´s probably outside. Why do you ask?"


"Because this is her feeding time. She would be right here dragging her bowl. Come on, help me find her."


"Alright, alright."










The backyard was rather spacious; that was Lilicat´s favorite hangout. The only thing I hated was when she climbed up the oak tree and remained there. She knew how to climb down it´s just that she was playing hard to get. 


It was a bit cloudy and the grass was wet but I didn´t care; I stomped the ground in anger.


"Dammit, not again!" I cried. "What are you doing up there, fuzzball? Come down right now, it´s time for your kibbles."


Lilicat was very still with her eyes wide open and only waving her tail slightly; that was not a good sign.


"What´s wrong, girl? It´s only me and Blak. Now be good and jump on my back."


She stood on a big thick branch and did nothing; she always talked back to me or at least meowed.


"That´s alright, Love. I can see that this is gonna take all day," said Blak wanting to turn around.


"Come here, sweetie! If you come down I´ll give an extra-large bowl of chunky kibbles just for you!"


She failed to pay attention and went to hide into the bushes.


"What, did you see that, Blak? What an uneducated critter."


"Just like you..." he said. 


"Fine, stay there! But don´t say I don´t care about you."


"We should go into the house. Aren´t you hungry as well?"


"Yeah, and maybe that´s why I´m very cranky."


Suddenly we heard a strange jaded female voice coming from the tree.


"Yes, Master, I must attend you properly..."


She revealed herself as a young pony with a pale lavender coat and long raven mane. Her eyes glowed like rubies and was dressed with the proper maid attire. She was the new housekeeper.


"You must be the new girl," I said. "What an awkward way to introduce yourself."


"Oh, I happen to be at the right place at the right time. I´ll bring Lilicat down in a just a few seconds."


She sounded incredibly confident; she moved swiftly and landed with ease.


"Good day, noble masters; you may call me Vyla Jenkins. My aunt Rosie May sent me to fulfill your desires. I believe one of them was making sure Lilicat is well taken care of. In fact, she has been fed already."


"Hmm, that explains why she was so calm, " I said. "Thank you so much."


"It is my duty,  a genuine pleasure to work among an agent of Death."


I froze for a few seconds; those last words brought me back to the time I casted out the lost souls in the mansion. I laughed nervously.


"Yes, well, it´s a tough job but someone´s gotta do it."


"Anyway, I needed to be here," she said as she approached  me. "Like I said; I am in the right place after all. Come, I´ll surprise you with my many talents."


Blak smiled, "At least she´s a girl, she won´t be a distraction, right Love?"


"She sounds like she knows beyond what I want...then again it´s just my imagination."


"No, it´s not. I perceived that too. We must be cautious."


"Meh, I thought I was through with these supernatural shenanigans!"


"Hey, they came with the house. I believe it´s because you were able to do something that no other creature could do, like unlocking something."


"We did it, babe. I couldn´t have done this alone. It was labour of love.I should have sold the house when I had the chance, I swear."


"Yeah, at least it didn´t drive you mad like it did with its previous owners."


"And how do you know I´m not mad?"


"I don´t fall in love with mad boys, just broken ones I guess."


"Blak, you´re such a liar, even Vyla knows I am a servant of the underworld. You don´t know what I can do with that power."


"You cannot hurt me and that´s a fact."


"And what about Valentine´s? "


"Forget about that. I´ll tell you what; let´s move it to the next day so we can have it all to ourselves."


"Sounds good to me."


"Lunch sounds good to me too, doesn´t it? We´ll have plenty of time to make plans."


Vyla had arrived sooner than expected. I had to know her intentions before I deposited all my trust on her. Things were about to get very exciting indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment