Monday, April 4, 2011

DANGEROUS DOLL PARTS (continued):

"When we chant we invoke those who dwell in our unconscious, we cast the demons out and they feast for a night or two..." I said in the middle of my apparent drunkenness.

"I didn't know you sang, Adrian..." said the lovely voice of Droogie. I stepped up to the improvised stage because I was encouraged to do so, Mark insisted...it was either that or his incredibly awesome rap. So I pulled down my rabbit hood feeling mighty relaxed and inspired, ironically more inspired than at my birthday.

"Everyone does, everyone should," I said.

"Yeah but not everyone does it good," said Droogie swinging her champagnes glass.

"You never know how good you are until you try, it makes sense, doesn't it?"

"OK, let's see what you can do, pretty boy..."

"I had a huge craving to sing this little classic for all you rabbit hunting people out there in the crowd, especially you fine looking woman. So here it goes..."


One pill makes you larger
And one pill makes you small
And the ones that mother gives you
Don't do anything at all.
Go ask Alice
When she's ten feet tall.
And if you go chasing rabbits
And you know you're going to fall,
Tell 'em a hookah smoking caterpillar
Has given you the call.
Call Alice
When she was just small.
When the men on the chessboard
Get up and tell you where to go.
And you've just had some kind of mushroom
And your mind is moving low.
Go ask Alice
I think she'll know.
When logic and proportion
Have fallen sloppy dead,
And the White Knight is talking backwards
And the Red Queen's "off with her head!"
Remember what the dormouse said:"Feed your head. Feed your head. Feed your head"

"Yay!! Bravo!" cried the young diva clapping her hands in a cutesy way without making a sound. "Maybe you could join my band sometime.

"Oh, no, I already did enough...besides I couldn´t compare to Grace Slick, she would do it a thousand times better."

"Well, what would you say if I began painting like you?" she said tenaciously.

"I´d said, not a bad idea, I´d just say find your voice, your own identity. Kandinsky once said:

Each period of a civilisation creates an art that is specific in it and which we will never see reborn. To try and revive the princples of art of past centures can lead only to the production of stillborn works.

"And your point is?" she said.

"Be yourself, that´s all!"

"I see, like when some smartass pseudo artists think they can rise to instant fame doing cover songs from the eighties and nineties. "

I fell almost speechless, "Yeah...don´t do cover songs unless you can make them baddass.!

(continued)...





No comments:

Post a Comment