Wednesday, April 6, 2011

DANGEROUS DOLL PARTS (continued):

It wasn't the first official time I ever sang in front of a small audience, Edith and I used to do karaoke for a while after we started dating; she is the one with the lovely angelic voice anyway. Doing it now all by myself somehow felt as if I was being treated like an object, a Pandora's box, a caged nightingale..no let's not go too far. 


What I thought was a bit over the top and for sure will get me in deep trouble once they post them was a series of candid shots with yours truly and Droogie. She felt this sort of schoolgirl crush for me so she couldn't resist. They were taken just in front of my two devilish creations Rabbit Monster and the overrated Easy On The Eyeliner. The video for the song with the same title was taken in that very same apartment all in black and white. Well, actually black and white is rarely done nowadays, it's grayscale but it still doesn't achieve the same dramatic effect in the contrast. In the end it looked chic, Madonna chic, as Stefan called it. 


It's not really that outrageous for painters to hang out with rockstars and getting away with it, in fact Mr. Warhol was one of those few who made this business multi disciplinary, I may be thinking of doing short films and spreading them all over the web like a major disease, you had to do something, right?


"I'm dying to confess you something , Adrian," said Droogie feeling a little bit partied out, but judging by the way she pranced around it must have been around 3 AM. I even had to hold her every now and then...now it truly felt like that Halloween night with Chloƫ.


"Don't think we're using you to get advantage of you or anything s-similar," she slurred, "I mean, you've already brought us luck, my single is climbing the charts all the way and it will make me even more famous than I am now, so I can't thank you enough, but..."


"But..." I continued in a very proper manner.


"The whole thing about Charlie that night...it was Stefan's idea. He is actually the one who's after you."


"Hee..."I sighed deeply. "Girl, I knew that, he's always had the hots for me. I think it's fucking stupid for him not to have the you know what to come and say it to my face."


"Please, d-don't get mad at him, after all, you did get a freebie, didn't you?  Besides, I don't want this to ruin or beautiful alliance, just keep your distance."


"So that's it? It's a friendship between you and me, that's it?"


"Of course!!! What, did you think I was after you? Look sweetie, I know you might have this impression that I'm some sort of pervert, man eater..."


"What about the thing on Christmas Eve, was that his idea as well?"


"Y-yes..."


"Goddamn it, girl, didn't you realize for one moment this almost ruined my relationship?" I said.


"Oh, c'mon, you enjoyed it, I was doing you a favor so you can feel more confident to come out."


"I already came out years ago! That wasn't necessary. You think you know me well, but you have no idea..."


"Do you love her?" she said all of a sudden. 


"What?! What kind of a question is that?" Of course she was referring to Edith.


"That's right, sweet thing," That was definitely the voice of Stefan who came out of nowhere only to make me feel even more uncomfortable. "After all, she's not like us, she's way too average for you." 


"What?!"


"Answer the question, she interferes with your plans..." he said.


She inteferes...


Those words echoed in my head all the way down to one of my many encounters with the little dead girl...


"You guys don't have the right to decide for me, especially when it's about Edith. I choose what's best for me."


"Oh, for crying out loud, Adrian! You're practically caught up between two worlds, so what's it going to be?"


"You, you can't...my head."


"Oh Dear God, not again," said Stefan, I think.


"You should know better than that! After all he's find for us at least we should make ourselves useful. Come on, help him up..." said Droogie, I think.


After that, I remember so little, probably Mark and Damien making small talk taking me home. What I do recall however was this noise in the background.




No comments:

Post a Comment