Sunday, March 27, 2011

CONTAINED.

Laying by Edith's side now seemed very comforting but I still had some dues to pay. She was being malignant and manipulative because she figured out the way I move from one relationship to another; the hunter being hunted,a beast that was tamed not with the powers of seductive beauty or carnal pleasure, only with wit.

By saying this I don't mean to offend smart women, it's just that I never into one quite like this before.

"What a sad day it is, a very, very sad day..." said a deep manly voice with a rather arrogant tone...for sure it was The White Rabbit again. His rabbit hood began to look like some sort of sick trademark.

"Come, I need to show you something..."

"Why do I get the sinking feeling I won't like it?" I said and he pulled me out of bed without giving the time to think it over.

We went down the stairs until we had reached the basement, however the staircase was beginning to look sort  very peculiar. The walls were covered with moss and there was barb wire all over  the banister; this was the least welcoming place to invite anyone, it seemed more descending slowly into Hell.

However, there were several people patiently waiting to see what I believe was to be a movie, but then again it seemed more like the days when the teacher projected boring documentaries to tame the noisy brats. I knew none of them.

I wasn´t that much surprised to find out that in the end they showed Droogie´s new video of the sing inspired by the title of one of my paintings. In fact, it wasn´t the first time an artist collaborated with rockstars, in the tradition of Andy and his amazing discovery of the The Velvet Underground, but I´m sure New Yorkers are familiar with that story so no need for details.





And speaking of the latter, Droogie insisted in bringing back that incredible vibe of the 70s glam scene evoking all the great ones such as Gary Glitter and even Bowie. The style definitely seemed to fit like a glove for a girl like her but for a guy like me it was incredibly controversial. I still wonder if we could have probably met in another life but as a popular phrase says, "creative minds think alike," so that shakes the whole supernatural aura about all this business. Yet, people wanna hear those stories when they are so ignorant about art, sometimes they think our work was chiseled by the gods.

Damn, that ghost girl was sitting next to me, shifting her image as usual; this time she had a black velvet attire, her hair was dyed turquoise yet her porcelain face remained the same.

"Don´t you find this exciting, Adrian?"

"What, her? I inspired her to use the rabbits, I´m not surprised..."

"Well, you should be, The White Rabbit sure is, they all look like him! And you know what that means..."

"That he´s becoming like a sort of trend?" I said trying to guess what she babbling about.

"I bet if you dressed like him every once in a while others will eventually want to see more of him. If you do so, your transformation will be complete."

This last part reminded me of the conversation I had at my birthday party with Caroline because she begged me to define myself. Well, I thought I made that clear already, I know who I am, the one I know so very little of is Mr. White Rabbit here, and if the world wants me to become him for a while then so be it. Like I explained in an interview not so long ago;

I don´t censor it, I contain it.

No comments:

Post a Comment