Thursday, March 17, 2011

SOUL FOOD (continued).

"Well go on, try some, I'm sure you'll feel much better," said the girl with a soft british accent. Hmm, she never spoke that way before.

So I reluctantly took a bite of that ordinary piece of toast and took it back immediately, it was terrible...

"Is something the matter, dear? Is it too hot?" asked the girl.

"Is it too cold?" asked The White Rabbit.

"No, no, none of that!" I shouted. "It tastes like...like, broccoli."

And then I had a flashback of that day I felt horribly sad about the dream I had which made no sense at all, but then again it did; it was a clear warning to take care of myself because my bad health brought these numerous consequences.

I understood the message well, but what I still wanted to know was who the Hell was I talking to.

"That's peculiar..." said the girl softly. "...mine has always tasted like honey."

"Are you doing this on purpose? Why does mine taste like this?"

"Oh, it's just plain toast, it's not even buttered," replied the girl.

"Yeah, why are you making such a big deal about it, Adrian?" said the White Rabbit in a crappy tone.

"Because it tasted terrible! And how did you know it was something I never liked eating."

"Quite frankly I was not aware that you despised that curious vegetable, in fact I heard it does wonders."

"Yeah!" I said in a louder tone. "Well that still doesn't make it taste better, I won't have it, thank you."

"Well, in that case let me have it then." She tasted exactly the same piece that I did and happily cried, "Isn't that strange, it tastes just like honey!"

"How do I know you're not pretending it's honey?" I asked.

"Because I wanted it so badly to taste like yours and it didn't..."

"Alright," said The White Rabbit. "Let me try, that way you'll know she's not lying." I looked with mistrust but he kindly said after nibbling that almost stale bread, "Hey, it tastes like...like, waffles, blueberry to be exact!"

"Ok, now I'm walking out of here, this doesn't make any sense, can I please go to sleep now?"

"Oh, come now..." said the girl putting her hands around her waist, "we're having a most introspective morning, don't you agree?"

"I couldn't agree with you more, My Dear," said The White Rabbit. They were plotting against me to drive me insane but hasn't happened just yet, although...

"You said waffles? That reminded me of something..." I said to the lustful other me.

"Yes, I know! That made you happy, didn't it?"

"Wait a minute, this is no coincidence, why are you playing this sort of game with me?"

"No, no, it's not a game, actually breakfast is the most important meal of the day!" cried the little girl.

"This is a dream, it is, I know it is! A lucid one, so I'm sleeping, not eating, good night!"

"How can you sleep when it's quite clear that you need to eat?" asked the White Rabbit boldly.

"Yes, why else would we be here, you invited us, so I think it's terribly rude to treat you guests this way!" cried the little girl.

Ah, dammit! They were right, I was terribly hungry. They gave a lot to think about because this was the way my own mother used to treat me...

No comments:

Post a Comment