Thursday, March 31, 2011

DANGEROUS DOLL PARTS (continued):



"An effective way to control a vampire is to avoid eye contact, since that is his major weapon. That explained why Edith talked to me with the lights out, " I said to Mark while we were on our way to Droogie´s place.

"I´m just trying to figure out how long will it take her until she loses it," he said.

"No, i´m not looking forward to that day because I know it can be any minute now, she´s doing on purpose and she´ll do it again, still can´t get over what I did at my own birthday."

"Ohhh, that´s heavy."

I decided to pull the same gimmick that I did on Halloween last year, to don my White Rabbit disguise because I was blindly following the little dead girl´s advice, to blur between fantasy and reality, aren´t I always doing that? A young careless boy playing with matches, that was exactly the same opinion some critics had about me.

However my disguise was slightly different from the design Droogie´s designer came up with; mine had longer, crooked ears and had some minor shiny appliques. Mark seemed puzzled and crossed his arms, "And just what exactly are you trying to prove with that, my friend? They´ll think you´re pissed because you came up with the idea first."

Then I said, "Yes,  technically I did, but do you believe in coincidences?"

"No, not really, but yes that artists keep stealing concepts from each other since the dawn of time. Ideas belong to no one."

"Are you familiar with the concept of synchronicity?" I continued.

"Oh, wasn´t that the title of The Police album?" guessed Mark.

"Close. You see,  it´s the experience of two or more events, that are apparently causally unrelated or unlikely to occur together by chance, that are observed to occur together in a meaningful manner, it´s a Jungian concept, Edith taught me all about it. I know it happens very often but I want to find out why does it happen around me. I experienced it with Droogie, with Janie and with that mysterious Jewish girl Caroline. And I believe that the answer is right in front of me."


"You inspired them! Could we easily say you´re some kind of muse?" said Mark.


"But how could there be so many coincidences in such a short period of time, there has to be something like a mechanism..."


"At what time you said we were supposed to be there again?" asked Damien, who was doing all the driving, by the way.


" 11 o´clock; all hallows rise at eleven," I answered with a deep, eerie voice.


"Pfff, you guys are deeply messed up!" replied Damien.


"Oh, no shit! You didn´t see what this fucker here did for his initiation in his college days, see had to carry a rabbit´s head sort of like this one and walk around completely fucking naked..."


"That doesn´t seem so bad..." said my young assistant.


"Well not if you´re in front of a sorority holding a sign that said, " I WON´T PUT MY CLOTHES ON UNTIL YOU GUESS WHO I AM," I continued.


"So how long did it take them?"


"Not much, but there was some very heavy petting in the meantime..."



What was Droogie's birthday party was actually the afterparty, we would meet only after the concert.


Look at us, we're the kings and queens of the night, our ruling ends until we want is, so what gives if our day officially begins at noon? At least you'll have the Sun over your head. So here´s to a never ending night of madness!


(continued)...





No comments:

Post a Comment