Tuesday, March 15, 2011

SOUL FOOD.

I had finally fallen asleep around 2 AM but I woke up again at 3:15 according to the hour on my cellphone.


Aghh, I haven't had dreams for a while instead just painful hallucinations.


This time I saw a small white rabbit out on the streets and it glowed with a neon blue light. I take it that he wanted me to follow him, so on we went through Central Park until it conveniently stopped right in the middle of the Alice In Wonderland statue. I came panting and as I was struggling to come back to my senses an eerie voice said; EAT ME...


Everyone knows that statue quite well but Alice looks more dominant in it than she did in the storybooks, so I guess it could have been her who said that.


EAT ME!


I approached the figure of Alice but to my surprise it seemed as she was made out of gingerbread. It began to crumble right in front of me and some of the pieces landed on my hands.
EAT!

God! I couldn't sleep anymore, these voices in my head were killing me, well, just disturbing me.





"Hello, Adrian...good morning!"

I stood on the edge of my seat and cried, "You, here? I don´t freaking believe it!" That was the dead little girl I had mistaken for Caroline, and to my surprise she wasn´t alone; the other me, the White Rabbit was there too. He did look more suave and sophisticated like me. His outfit was very similar to the one wore last Halloween, a hood complete with long ears and silver leather pants.

The girl, on the other hand had a blue nightgown, not sure if that was her favorite color.

They both sat on the sofa, drinking what I believe was tea and there were several pieces of toast laid down on the coffee table.

"There you are, will you join us for breakfast?"

I nodded. "I´m sorry, but I think it´s a very unlikely hour to do that, don´t you think?"

"Now, now," said the little girl in a very subtle way. She did sound very different than from my previous encounters, with more manners. "I think that´s rather rude..."

"Very, very rude indeed," said the other me as he sipped his tea.

"Am I really dreaming again?"

"What is life but a dream?"

Clearly they were quoting Alice In Wonderland so the only way to make it out alive was to speak the same language, even if it didn´t make any single goddamn sense.

(continued)...

No comments:

Post a Comment