Monday, March 7, 2011

GHOST TOWN.

"Someone's waiting for you at your office," said Edith giving me a cold stare, although at this point she looked a beautiful corpse in front of me. Her was hair tied up and wearing this handsome dress with flower patterns.I had just arrived while she approached me.

I didn't feel very proud of this reaction of hers. Considering the level of intuition I gained over the past few months it was evidence of a growing apathy that would lead to a possible rupture. I knew I had to handle the situation with great care.

"Well, thank you, I really appreciate that," I responded.

"That's it, is that all you have to say to me?".

"I'm sorry, but what else do you want me to say about something like that?"

"Never mind, just forget it."

"I don't forget that easily and I am actually reading your thoughts right now, Edie..."

She wanted to simply walk away so I gently grabbed her arm.

"Please, don't do this to me, not now..."

"What about what YOU did to me? Or have you forgotten that?"

"I see...we'll discuss that later, alright?"

"Oh, do hope for a later because I won´t." Oh God, now I was truly confused; did she do this on purpose just make me feel awful throughout the rest of the day? I would have to look into that LATER but soon.

On the other hand there was a potential client waiting for me...but, um, Feivel didn´t know about this one, I brought him all by myself; well, actually I had a little help from Mark. It was this techie who had successfully developed apps for social networking, as if there weren´t enough out there. The name was Freddie Cohen; they often confused him the guy who developed anti viruses and such. He was scrawny, pint-sized compared to me and had this completely inexpressive long pale face.

He already gained a strong reputation and a loyal legion of fans for hacking some other social network because a lot of people were getting tired of it. Anyways, this little Jewish golden boy promised to reinvent the way we were connecting without being addictive like a drug. After a friend of a friend of his told about the Playground exhibition he became fascinated with the concept of the number 11 and wanted me to develop more paintings for him. It made sense since that reminded him of binary codes he was determined to see if there were actual subliminal messages in my previous works. That´s right; he was the one who literally snatched 1:11 PM and 11. The first one had a red background and a black rabbit holding a Tarot card with the 11 on it with a handsome grin like the Cheshire Cat. The second one had a stream of 11s against a starry blue background with rabbits hopping through them.

"Are you aware that this is the way that someone´s communicating through you?" asked Freddie in a very low controlled sort of robotic tone.

"Of course..." I answered slightly waving my head. "I figured out it could have been the dead, but then again it could be aliens announcing the end of the world..."

"I understand also that you´ve met Edward K´s agent, Ms. King. He simply refuses to let go of two of his paintings; they believe he actually applied the same unorthodox techniques that you did."

"Yes, I still have no idea why we do what we do..." I answered as I grew puzzled.

"Have you thought of the idea that you are being asked to build something, like a tool or a device?"

"Ha, that´s very trippy, man!" I laughed.

"I´m obsessed with completing something as well, but I´m highly eccentric. I would like you to be a part of an experiment manipulating certain factors so that you can produce these works?"

"To do what?"

"What else? Communicate with the supernatural. Objects leave a certain trace behind..."

Those last words echoed in my head, remembering what Lisa used to say. I couldn´t stand the fact of being required to perform rituals to attract the dead, like a giant Ouija board.

"If it does work, consider it bought and a very generous price."

I liked the sound of that. "Fair enough...let´s wake the dead."

No comments:

Post a Comment