Tuesday, March 29, 2011

DANGEROUS DOLL PARTS.

A cavalcade of dreams came along a few minutes before I regained consciousness.


I find it incredibly curious how sometimes ordinary songs can mingle with whatever the Hell you're dreaming at the moment.

It happened one Sunday morning when I was about twelve, I believe and it was a very hot summer, one the longest I could recall. When one is incredibly lazy and thinks he has all the time in the world to spare sleeping is indeed a joyful experience.

But this one song woke me up little by little, She's Leaving Home


She (we gave her most of our lives)
is leaving (sacrificed most of our lives)
home (we gave her everything money could buy)
She's leaving home after living alone for
so many years (bye bye)

and at the same time I was dreaming I was in a hospital bed.

It really made no sense at the time but I remember it dearly every time I listen to Sargeant Pepper.

This time, however the background music had a more somber tone.I saw myself in the mirror and was still in bed when Edith rose and grabbed me from behind and hugged as hard as she could and simply said,

"Now you´re the Black Rabbit."






I got up some minutes later and examined my left side where the tattoo was and this time it remained the same, it really didn´t shift or changed color like a few days ago. Hmm, it turns out to be that if I paid attention to Edith´s advice The White Rabbit would go away, the same way it happened that dreadful night.

Whatever, throughout the day I felt very relaxed; spent some quality time at the studio as I came up with new ideas for other paintings for Mr. Cohen´s twisted experiment, however Damien kept asking me if there was something wrong and not only him but other random people that came over. And I said, "No,  I´m OK, I guess you can call it tamed. Edith is talking to me again, that´s all, oh, but the things she´s making me do..."

"Such as?" asked Damien with a little naive voice.

"Well, you know, she accepts my um, controversial lifestyle, but...it´s the little things she can´t handle, actually she wants to have me analyzed, like in therapy."

"But that´s like assuming you´re insane, and takes all the excitement away from art, doesn´t it?"

"We´re all mad here indeed, it´s just that she wants to prove it, a part of her is highly skeptical," I continued.

"I see...well you can´t argue with that."

"Edith just wants to see me healthy in all the sense of the word but I can´t because that´s incredibly, incredibly boring. I make myself sick, it attracts people, it makes them want me even more."

"That´s heavy, I didn´t realize you were too self-destructive..."

I turned around and looked at Damien firmly, "Yeah, well don´t go too far or you´ll get incredibly hurt."

"Mmmmkay, I´ll put a hold on that, anyway, what do you suppose Freddie wants from you?"

"Power, incredible power beyond his wildest dreams. If this works it will be even better than any social network out there, to be more precise, the supernatural social network; literally connecting people with one another in their sleep."

"And you think you need to be examined!" cried Damien.

"Would you like to go to a real party this time?" I asked boldly. "I received an invitation for Droogie´s birthday..."

"REALLY? Well, I mean, is that possible?"

"Dude, didn´t you just get the message that anything is possible with me? I know Edith won´t go because it´s a school night but I can. However, I´m already some sort of celebrity around these parts and I don´t anymore scandals for at least another week or two."

"When did you say it was again?"

"Excellent, welcome to my dark side, feel free to take pictures..."







(continued)...

No comments:

Post a Comment