Wednesday, September 8, 2010

(continued from I´M NOT VERMIN!).

“So nice of you to include me in your universe.”

You are my universe Adrian, why do talk like I didn´t care about you?

“I´ve seen you, you only act protective now because you´re supposed to like any other person who has ever felt concerned about me. But then a few days ago I see you crying out alone, nostalgic.”

I WASN´T BEING NOSTALGIC, I FELT AFRAID BECAUSE I MIGHT LOSE YOU! YOU MIGHT NOT REMEMBER BUT YOU WENT THROUGH SOME HEAVY STUFF THAT NIGHT.

“Such as?”

I, I DON´T WANNA TALK ABOUT IT, IT´S SORT OF PAINFUL TO ME.

“And now I´m starting to feel pain after several days of being sedated…”

THAT TELLS YOU BAD IT WAS. LOOK, THIS INCIDENT IS SUPPOSED TO BRING US TOGETHER, NOW MORE THAN EVER, DO YOU KNOW WHAT IT MEANS?

“That I am an idiot for being careless lately?”

Edith frowned upon this last statement; she placed her hands on my face and kissed me gently, “you scare me, you know that? But I think I´m beginning to know you better.  I understand you´re fearless, but you´re not indestructible. You don´t know what it´s like to lose something until it happens.”

She was right. I must admit I´m not that familiarized with loss as well as she is.  I guess feeling weak does count, but eventually I´ll get stronger.

“I´ve been having very powerful visions Edith,” I said. “Can you help me explain them?”

Now I´m not saying that she had all the right answers, but I guess this would help her in her career formation. You see, she´s still in college, she´s on her last year now.

THE VISIONS? THEY COME FROM THE PSYCHE, YOU KNOW, THE UNCONSCIOUS MIND.

“I understand that part, but, tell me, why do I have them, like I was being haunted?”

Edith pulled back her hair and spoke with a slight pause. We sat down on the floor.

YOU´RE NOT MAD SWEETIE, you´re just going through changes. Old feelings, new feelings travel in your head all the time. However, if they´re not addressed in the proper way they become more evident, they become more intense until you take care of them. Now that you´re getting better your dreams should stabilize as well.

“Do you think I have some sort of power or gift like fortunetellers?,” I asked that just for fun.

WE ALL DO. BUT MAYBE SOME PEOPLE DON´T BECOME AWARE THAT THEY HAVE IT. THE MIND IS A VERY POWERFUL MUSCLE, YOU CAN MAKE REAL ANYTHING YOU WANT AND BELIEVE IN IT. Fortunetellers convince people that they will have a happy life, it´s not magic.

“Fuck…”, my eyes started watering. “This girl that I used to know she believed in all that crap that she thought I was engaged in black magic and occult. But I don´t want to; it´s painful.”

LOOK, DON´T FORCE YOURSELF TO DO THAT, IT MIGHT BE JUST A WAY THAT YOU NEED TO BELIEVE IN SOMETHING, YOU DO BELIEVE IN GOD, DO YOU?

“That´s the problem, I rarely pray like you do, but I´m no atheist or anything.  I am attracted to what I can´t explain though.”

EVEN IN ART THERE´S NO EXPLANATION SOMETIMES, EVERYBODY SEES WHAT THEY WANT TO SEE.

I´ll have to say this girl was wise beyond her age. She felt comfortable talking to me, like in a motherly attitude, yet she only talks about what she knows best, not about art, that´s why I said from the beginning she´s non-artistic.

SO WHAT DO YOU WANT TO DO RIGHT NOW?

“Get me out of here for a while! I´m tired of being locked up like an animal.”

I´LL SEE WHAT I CAN DO. LET ME OPEN UP THE WINDOWS FOR YOU.

“Edith,” I moaned. “I am hungry, and I mean very ,very hungry.”

NOW THAT SOUNDS MORE LIKE YOUR USUAL SELF. COME DOWNSTAIRS. I´LL FIX SOMETHING FOR YOU.

No comments:

Post a Comment