Thursday, September 9, 2010

SECLUSION



They say music can soothe the savage beasts but in my case it's the entire contrary: it lights the darkest corners of my mind, will have to apply some special tricks to make this rabbit come out of his hole.





"Hi ho! Oh, we'll smoke the blighter out. He'll put the beast to rout. Some kindling, a stick or two, all this bit of rubbish ought to do."
"We'll smoke the monster out!"

So said the Dodo to the White Rabbit.

In a sort of magical way Edith´s chased all my bad dreams away. Yesterday I recall having seen in dreams a Siamese female cat getting rid of all my inner vermin, like mice. It felt good, really good.

I was able to concentrate on my recent paintings, I was really focused on Rabbit Monster; I wanted to use techniques I´ve never dealt with before. I hated oil paintings, but they always add a dramatic effect; using fur would be appropriate, but I couldn’t be allowed to use the real thing, they would hang me, not to mention it would be a longer process. Fiberglass sounds interesting, riskier perhaps, leaves blistered fingers though, not to mention that it clings to any single part of your body you can imagine. Hmm…I’ll take my chances...

No comments:

Post a Comment