Wednesday, September 22, 2010

WANTED

I have acquired a new mantra for myself, "art is a deadly weapon, please handle it with care." It came out right after careful observation from Feivel Golberg and other potential buyers. I always tend to envision them, even the expression of awe and absolute fascination before a show. But at other times they can be very tricky; they don´t move a muscle, when they´re ready they just point and say, "how much?" I had to very keen instead of being naïve from now on, after all this is business not pleasure. Still, it thrills me to see people happy like kids on a playground or back home when I used to run out in the middle of a storm. This is organized chaos. This lonely rabbit felt helpless in a big city; it was like staring at a very peculiar breed in a pet store, it already had a fixed price.

The riskier this business becomes the more it ignites my passion for living. I thought I lost that feeling because apparently these recent years after college have become like being in Eden. I was automatically exempted to earn my place here in the heart of Soho. I love it; we also have another ´lair´ for art disaster in LA, but for some reason New York has grown on me; I can´t believe I was roaming the same neighborhood that Basquiat did.

I´VE BEEN SO CRAZY ABOUT YOU LATELY, ADRIAN, THESE LAST DAYS I´VE BEEN THINKING I FEEL I´M HOME WITH YOU...

A text message from Edith, and she ends with cutesy hearts, doesn´t every do that these days...

I called her back. I couldn´t help it.

"I got your message, you´ve successfully defined our relationship; it´s amazing how something so beautiful came out of a very trivial device." Edith chuckled and continued, "what´s that supposed to mean?"

"Analyze that, will you, or you can take it to the grave," I continued, spinning around the room just for fun, or maybe because I felt spoiled.

HOW´S LIFE TREATING YOU LATELY, YOU HAVEN´T TRIED TO JUMP AGAIN, HAVE YOU?

Now was my turn to laugh,"I wish, but I just left in a figure of speech. No..." I turned my head as I saw more people coming in, important people, "...but quite frankly if I were to do it ever again, I´d like to have you with me, cuz I don´t want to do it alone."

I...I´LL COME DOWN SOON.

"You don´t want me to come down and rescue you, because I could if you want me to."

JUST KEEP DOING WHAT YOU´RE DOING; AFTER ALL YOU´RE REQUESTED ELSEWHERE.

This is business, not pleasure, dammit.



No comments:

Post a Comment