Sunday, February 13, 2011

NIGHT OF THE SPECTRES (continued):

Oh, God, I almost forgot what I was going to see when I was face to face with Droogie, not that her beauty impressed me that much, in fact she owes me, I mean, Adrian a lot. When it was my turn to speak I politely thanked everyone for coming, even though half of the people in the room were total strangers to me, almost like spectres, the shadows of those who only saw half of the artist I was while the better half, which is me and only me was ready to cause more mischief.

"Welcome, welcome, friends and lovers, I thank you deeply for joining me in this celebration of my rebirth, for tonight is the perfect moment to announce the beginning of a dazzling future, you can expect great things to come in the coming months, things you have never even dreamed of, because I took the time of dreaming them for you and it SO happens that they are translated in the form of paintings for your entertainment, or for your redemption...somewhere along the way you´ll have to ask yourself, am I an instrument for your salvation...or..."

Oh no, I saw Adrian among the crowd looking absolutely pathetic like a helpless creature who was running away from his enemies. Suddenly everything I saw became distorted, like a damaged VCR tape; he was trying to get back into his body but now you fool, not now!

" Or an instrument for massive consumption? So it´s up to you, but by the way I see it Ms. Droogie has already made her decision..."

"That´s, that´s very deep, Adrian, I´m liking you already, very mysterious," answered she.

"Yep, I´m full of tricks, alright. I have seen the future and I can see some of you in it while the rest will probably just walk away like this was some kind of ephemeral trend."

Suddenly the guests grew silent and turned their heads.

"Hence, art is no trend, beware if you turn into such or literally I shall have your heads cut off...just joking, enjoy the rest of this sinister evening."

A young man dressed in black resembling a decadent goth the 80s lifted his arm as a strange sign of gratitude and yelled, "Hell, yeah!" I guess that was somewhat flattering but I could care less about his soul, in fact I already had my eyes set on someone, I just needed to be subtle enough so Edith wouldn´t become suspicious the following day, I was desperate but I wasn´t going to be that obvious.

No comments:

Post a Comment