Monday, February 21, 2011

WICKED WONDERLAND (continued):

Those rabbit girls...now I was beginning to understand the real dimension of my visions, it was them who were after poor little old me, the better half, the strongest one. Maybe if I opened up they might embrace me fully.





I took Debbie to my new studio, which was still a little bit sketchy and much bigger. It had this huge window shaped like a half moon; I guess it made it more romantic and mystical.

"So why the rabbit?" she asked. It was one of those very few times anyone ever bothered to ask me so my eyes opened wider.

"Ah, because you see I intend to reinvent it as much as I can. Now because I know you´re going to keep asking why I´ll tell you that deep down we´re all rabbits. Helpless creatures which are always seeking to find a safer place in this world, like half of the people who live in this city, as you can see. But you see, they don´t deserve to be alone, they need to have a leader and that´s were I come in.  So...

...a long time ago I felt I was helpless and fragile, that I would break like glass. I was born earlier than expected, some say I couldn´t wait to get out into the world. Ironically I was shy as Hell, Mom kept thinking I might be one of those special autistic children but no. I found a way to speak by drawing, it became my most powerful weapon...

"So as the years went by I crafted these things you see as symbols of my faith because most of all I needed strength."

"How cute!" cried Debbie. For a second there I had a flashback in which Edith asked me the same question not so long ago. "But at the same time it´s kinda sad..."

"I´m fragile thus frailty is one of my most attractive features, " I replied taking another sip of absinthe.

"Don´t be so modest! You´re so hot!"

"I don´t think so, not if you get to know me better..."

"Shut up, let´s go back in there, there´s someone who´s dying to meet you." She held my hand and drove me back to the party as if somehow she perceived I was already a little bit woozy and relaxed...please don´t invoke The White Rabbit.

(continued)...

No comments:

Post a Comment