Tuesday, February 1, 2011

UNBIRTHDAY (continued):

4 PM.


There was a quite unusual throbbing pain in my side that had been bugging me all afternoon. It was no joke that it was changing color, Edith wasn´t aware of that yet and she´s always all over me.

For a brief moment I stared at the antique oval mirror I´d brought from my old home and now placed it in my new studio. For a while it seemed like it was looking and smiling back at me with a quite sinister grin. I came a bit closer to it to make sure it wasn´t my damn imagination acting up again.

ADRIAN...

Aghhh...

"They already brought the drapes you wanted," that was the voice of my new assistant, Damien. He was way younger than I was, like barely twenty. He was cool, surprisingly vivid. Super skinny with a sort of polished and upgraded emo style. I hated that look but what the Hell.

"Oh, sorry, did I scare you or something?"

"Hell no, in fact I scare myself all the time. Actually right now you acted like my shadow."

"Is it true that you´re friends with Droogie?"

That had to be the fiftieth time I heard that comment.

"Yes, I am. She made me do naughty things last year."

"Oh, wow! Because they say these things all over the web you know and I guess they´re not pretty if you know what I mean."

"Since when do I actually give a damn about the comments? That´s part of the image, it´s like all of a sudden I´m some hip movie star or rockstar because I certainly don´t intend to be. It´s business, we collaborate, just like you´re collaborating with me."

"Fame will drive you mad, don´t forget that."

Now what kind of a random comment was that? So much to do...

(continued)...

No comments:

Post a Comment