Tuesday, February 15, 2011

NIGHT OF THE SPECTRES (continued).

" Don't pretend that I don't exist..."

I remembered who that was alright; apparently Charlie followed me here and I followed him back very discreetly, after all he still couldn't get over that incredible encounter last Christmas Eve. Apparently his did have his own little story to tell and especially because he so happened to be travelling with Droogie with his band called Ill Fated Sunday. Yeah, well, not my kind of crowd but this world sure is big and pretty. And it appears that tonight I was about to get lucky again.

"Let me guess, I know you from somewhere , I'm sure I know because I never forget a face, but the name..."

"Well then allow me to refresh your memory..."

It was so darn simple to get his attention that it was almost too good to be true but at the same time he was looking forward to subdue me with his ...after all, today was my birthday. He later rested his head upon my chest and laughed cynically, "Now we're even, but I hope you got the message because I know very well you can read between the lines..."

I fell slightly surprised at that last comment, "Come again?"

"Don't you get it? I'm falling for you."

"That seems so damn rehearsed and by the way you're right," and I got the message alright, "this is not about you and me, it sounds more like your mistress and I."

Now he laughed again but trying to be as discreet as possible, "See, that's why I like you even more, she's practically your biggest fan..." and then he whispered, "...and she'll do anything that's within her power to have to get you."

"Well! That certainly seems to be a little bit over the top, don't you think?"

"Ha...Droogie always gets what she wants."

"I have to admit I'm quite flattered but then why is she using you?"

"Because she knows damn well what you like; you may consider me as an extra gift."

"So, wait a minute, you're like some kind of bait, like a mouse for me to devour?"

"DRINK ME, Adrian, I'm not poisonous."

"Since you put it that way you could have always offered me some fine wine, but..." he kissed me again feeling extremely confident and for a while he managed to make me lose consciousness, I could hear some mesmerizing song in the back:

The wheel of fortune stops at 6 o'clock
So what am I to do until midnight?
An hourglass may grab my attention
But I am in the need of reflection...




And then I felt something that occurs only when I'm around Edith, that tingling burning feeling inside, "OK, listen, I think I can handle this with her when the time is ready, but in the meantime it's strictly business."

"Who said it wasn't Adrian? you're practically IN the business."

I saw Edith coming, so I knew I had to come up with some clever excuse to avoid making a scene.

"There you are, you thought you were too good to get away from me," she said.

"Well, hiding is a skill I've been working very hard on lately, like any rabbit would, oh , by the way you might remember Charlie Wood, don't you? From last year?"

"I bet that's not you real name..." she commented while she shook his hand with indifference.

"So, who cares, I have many names, but you can still call me Charlie if you want."

"Charming, simply charming, now I'll steal the birthday boy for a while."

She pressed my hand tightly as we went into another room, and there she conveniently kissed me wrapping her arms around my neck. And I...I...simply ran out of words...

Damn, I wanted her so badly right now, so I corresponded being more effusive and I got inspired with the power of the darkness surrounding our bodies. Still, she figured out I was being very unstable and especially vulnerable with her touch.

"What's wrong, you're not having fun?"

"I am, but, but, I think you don't deserve me."

She shook her head slightly feeling confused, "Wha, for the thing back there? Because if you invited him I'm gonna be very disappointed."

I actually did, but then it wasn't me, it was my other self but I didn't feel prepared to tell her that yet. "I swear I didn't."

"Then why were you talking to him?"

"Was I? I can hardly remember, my memory is sort of blurry right now."

" Oh,  how convenient..."

"Listen, stay with me for the rest of the night...I think I´m losing myself." I held her tightly but I could notice her hand grasped my chest like a needy kitten and then she answered, "That´s what I kept asking from you the start, but you seem very agitated, you heart seems to be pounding like crazy, is it me or are you feeling alright?"

"I don´t know, but whatever happens don´t let me go..."

"Easy, there, it´s alright...it´s alright..."

I knew I was slipping away.

(continued)...

No comments:

Post a Comment