Sunday, February 27, 2011

WICKED WONDERLAND (continued):



"You know you want it...protection, I mean. I offer you the chance to survive in this incredibly obnoxiously cruel world they call high school."


"Why me, why not others?"


"Oh, no big reason, however I do like what you´re doing down there."


"It´s called art, only a few can truly understand it."


"I do, a lot, I think it makes you extra special, besides, you´re not so bad..." Lisa approached me and whispered in my ear with the ease of a child but the malice of cheap girl; "I think you´re destined for greatness and that will definitely see you out of this town soon but to pursue something much better."


"Such as?"


"Well, to be a great painter, of course! Or whatever you are."


"Whatever, whatever?" I said. "You want to help me but then you don´t know me!"


"Not yet, but I know that you´re in danger, how vulnerable you are, someone like you doesn´t stand a chance right here, I even know they call you names..."

Not that, not that...

"Yes, exactly, you do seem to care after all. Just imagine, if those rumors are true then you´re a dead man, Adrian. That´s why if they see you around a girl everything will change..."


"I´m not that kind of person, Lisa! I don´t need to prove anything to anyone!"


"Alright then, you refuse my friendship then you will have to pay, and believe me, things get done very quickly around here with just a snap of my fingers. So what do you say?"


"Fine...just don´t make me do things I don´t like."


"See, this is exactly why Tim and his friends keep talking shitty things about you. Oh, but you don´t have much time to think about it, so join me, join us...Adrian, Adrian..."

"Adrian, will you join us?"

"Oh, excuse me, your words really had a powerful effect on me." I turned my head and was back at the party with Caroline. "Is that so? Then how do you it wasn´t what you were drinking?"

"Good one."

"We´ll have time to talk about The Thousand later, I want you to meet some other people. I believe that´s Mr. Goldberg, your agent, right?"

"Indeed he is, the freaking Queen, or King Of Hearts, perhaps...he owns me."

(continued).

No comments:

Post a Comment