Tuesday, October 26, 2010

INDIAN SUMMER

There's always a sign in nature that announces the end of a season; the first leaf falling, the invasion of birds flying south for the winter, and me covered in dozens and dozens of beautiful butterflies in my dreams, for I knew well that they meant that this was a sign of rebirth or a new journey.

I feel a tad shy to confess the bizarre mind trip I had last night because my girl certainly has a way of unleashing her dark side in bed. I've noticed that before but never quite like this. In my dream she appeared as an obscure character meanwhile I laid flat on the floor, half naked. She leaned for a while and pulled out a paintbrush where she drew a perfectly outlined black cross in the middle of my chest. Next she touched it and I felt a burning sensation like an open wound and practically saw black butterflies emerging. After the swarm cleared up the girl stuck her hand all the way down and pulled out what seemed to be...a rabbit? I swear he looked like Scraps but he was black with blue eyes, yet it seemed awfully suspicious that she exclaimed,


"There, that's where you were! Now come down and I'll make some breakfast."




The next thing you know I woke up having a feeling of déjà vu for some of the events in the dream happened in real life. For example, it was around 3:15 AM and I quickly rolled my eyes and nothing happened.

DEAR, IT'S 3 AM, YOU BETTER GO BACK TO SLEEP, THIS IS THE WITCHING HOUR.

Edith threw her arm over me and clutched me. In the morning she acted like nothing unusual happened...in fact I was astonished, was she possessed, or was it good old-fashioned lust I experienced? I'm sorry, but it was the first time she acted THIS strange, I wasn't actually complaining, it's just that I felt sort of dirty.

HEY, I HAVE AN IDEA...

Oh great, I LOVE ideas...

Next thing you know we were in this small, yet welcoming coffee shop down on Mercer Street. The ambient was rather dark and mysterious but not too quiet. She insisted that I tried the exotic teas.

I ALWAYS USED TO COME HERE IN MY FRESHMAN YEAR; I DON'T KNOW WHY I HAVEN'T INVITED YOU.

"I think you have; the difference is I didn't accept before." I said as a courtesy because I really didn't want to make her feel bad.

THIS IS WHERE I USUALLY CAME TO STUDY PEACEFULLY WITH MY FRIENDS.

"Do you miss them?"

SORRY?

"I said do you miss them?"

NO, OF COURSE NOT. I STILL SEE THEM. But then we started visiting other places, you know, until I met you.

"And what drove you to change your direction, then?"

I FELL IN LOVE WITH THESE STREETS...I REALIZED I WAS MISSING OUT ON SOMETHING VERY IMPORTANT...and if I didn´t pay attention to it my life would have been just like anybody else´s. So then I stumbled upon this little place where they did palm and Tarot reading and that´s how I found Ava. She told me,

"You´re whole life is about to change...you will meet someone who´ll show you the way. He will heal you and you will heal him."

It seemed pretty outrageous at the time, but not anymore. She said, "You are a Virgo; your symbol is The Hermit, you are a healer."

"And you believed that blindly? Do you think that fate gives some kind of obligation to stay with me?"

NO, BUT I REALIZED THE TRUTH because I was blind for many years, running away and now I, I found home.

And I guess that explains why she thought about me that Thanksgiving weekend, for it seems that the reason she felt homesick was actually unfinished business at home. So she settled it, but something tells me she´s growing more distant from her folks than ever, especially since the loss of her father last year.

We´re all broken in the end; fixing each other is what life is all about.

No comments:

Post a Comment