Wednesday, October 6, 2010

HELP ME MAKE IT THROUGH THE NIGHT

There, I did it. As soon as I found some spare time I stopped by Ava, the psychic lady´s shop without being announced. I begged to talk to her and kept knocking like an idiot until I saw a man, probably an apprentice or a family member answering the door. His name was Amir; he must have been around twenty years old, I don´t know. He looked he was Arabian and his hands were covered in rings.

"Ms. Ava is not here right now but you´re welcome to visit her back at any other time," he said directly without even asking him anything.

"OK fine, but listen, I really need your advice. Can you please help me interpret a vision I just had?"

Amir nodded and acted like he wanted to walk away uninterested. I asked again insisting.

"It´s a true vision, I know! I´m Adrian Black and I..." He interrupted me and dramatically changed the look on his face.

"I see. Why didn´t you say so in the first place? Come inside..."

We went into a room much more becoming, which was basically the one where I went into the last time I saw Ava. We kneeled in these huge metallic red cushions. He placed his hands upon mine and asked with a very serene tone, "the lady has told me so much about you, that´s why she said that you would come back. Visions happen to almost anyone but they don´t listen to them. You chose to listen now ask me; what did you see?"

I didn´t want to sound like a fool so I told him like it was, "I was in the middle of the street and I saw a falcon who agreed to cut a piece of white thread."

Amir swiftly pulled out his deck of cards but they showed Egyptian illustrations. He highlighted the Magician. I looked puzzled.

"I´m sorry but I´m kinda lost here, but what does the Magician have to with this? I remember having seen it in another deck that Ava showed me."

"In the Tarot they´re all the same. In this one it has a different shape, Adrian. The Egyptian version is one the oldest and most accurate that we know. The falcon you saw was Horus, one of the major gods. You approached a higher authority and asked it to end something," he said.

"End what? I was under the impression it could have been my life," I answered a little agitated.

"We hardly see our own death in dreams. It ain´t your time yet, however. On the other hand, everything that the white thread represents will be gone. Horus was also the God of War, so think about it."

"Is that it?!"

"I see what you see, but you have to carry on alone. You started something and now you will have to end it. Probably you might not accept it at the beginning, but it is also part of a transformation, a big one."

And I suddenly remember, "I´ll be leaving this neighborhood soon and move on, is that such a big deal?"

Of course it is. It means having to meet new people, get used to my new home. If all of that was somehow blessed and peaceful then maybe this next ´life´ would be more conflictive? Then again maybe I was the one perceiving it like that.

Like I said before, having to let go of something was tough. Nevertheless this wouldn´t represent in any single way that I would be changing radically and selling out or acting like an asshole. I´d hate to become someone like that and Edith would hate that as well. To Hell with visions; from now on I would enjoy the future instead of fearing it. That night I hugged my woman tightly trying to enjoy every last moment of it before we moved on to something more serious. I failed to tell her about my urgent visit to the psychics.

ARE YOU ALRIGHT, IT FEELS LIKE YOU´RE SCARED.

"I feel alone on this one, I don´t know what to think of my dreams anymore, I´m losing my mind..." I answered timidly.

HONEY, LISTEN; IF YOU BECOME FIXATED WITH THIS TOO MUCH YOU´RE REALLY GOING TO WEAR YOURSELF; JUST RELAX A LITTLE.

"Like that time we fought over that other dream, remember?"

YES; EVERYTHING IS GOING GREAT SO FAR. I PREDICT THIS SHOW WILL BE INCREDIBLY AND I´LL BE BY YOUR SIDE.

"Just hold me, hold me..." I kept repeating that as my voice slowly faded out.




No comments:

Post a Comment