Saturday, October 16, 2010

BABY GOAT

Edith said once that when the body goes through a healing process you have the most awful dreams that you can ever imagine. That's what happened last month and now it happened to her. She kept complaining about this very intense headache and that would explain why she was sort of suspiciously moody yesterday.

So we sat together in our ever so comfortable living room back in my place on Mercer Street. She threw herself on my lap like the naïve little girl she was sometimes and she began telling me her wacky story.

"I think I´m better now. As soon as we came back home I stared at one of your pastels, what was it called?"

"Oh, you mean the one in the foyer? Yes, it´s called Home, it makes sense; what about it?"

"Well, then you see I failed to talk to you for the rest of the night because I had this humongous headache that I began to see blurry..."

"And why didn´t you tell me that?"

"Just because. Anyway, I wanted to tell you I had this very weird dream; well, they´re always weird, otherwise you wouldn´t pay attention to them, right? So then I saw myself younger, like about twelve years old and then I was wearing a party dress, like in pink pastel color and black. It was going to be like a wedding or something and my mom was supposed to pick me up, but the thing is that it was going to happen the next day, so I dressed in advance..."

"And why the Hell would you do that, to save time?" I said while I was caressing her face.

"I suppose. The thing is that before the wedding I helped around the house, so I was in the kitchen. Then I saw an aunt of mine who was mincing some meat and as soon as I saw it I noticed it was baby goat."

I just frowned.

"She used to cook it all the time now that I remember. So then she passed me a small bowl and she said, "Here, see what you can make of this head". It was a goat´s head! Accidentally I spilled some of the blood that came from the meat and I stained my dress. Now that I think of it this pink gown I had used it several times and it was wearing out..."

"You had nothing better, were you poor?"

"No, not really...oh c´mon you know my family, Adrian. So then I knew I had to clean up or something so I took the dress off carefully. My mom came in and she said to be ready in about an hour. So when I stared at the mirror I noticed that I didn´t like what I was wearing; I had a black sweater on, so I removed it and afterwards I removed a black laced top that seemed to match with my stockings."

"Oh, keep going cuz maybe you´re a closet Goth..."

"I am not! So that was pretty much it, what do you think of it?"

I tried to remain as serious as I could but also wanted to cheer her up, "You have a dark side! Cool. But then again I could also have a little bit of that. Maybe it was because of what you said yesterday, you know, about me and my good luck charms...does that bother you?"

Edith was silent for a while. "I don´t know; remember how I told you to not get so fixated on that?"

"Yes, but that´s what makes life extra spicy, right?"

"I suppose so. I may be a little bit crazy but I think your paintings are a bit suggestive; they trigger something in the unconscious."


Why didn´t I find this part amusing anymore?

No comments:

Post a Comment