Wednesday, October 20, 2010

HELL-O, HELL-O, I´M BACK AGAIN


ADRIAN, ADRIAN, PLEASE WAKE UP! IT´S 11 AM.

"Not now, Edith, can´t you see I´m trying to make the pain go down..."

WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT, DO YOU HAVE PERMISSION TO BE HERE AT THIS TIME OF DAY?

Uh oh...that wasn´t my girl; it was a manly voice.

"Oh damn, I´m sorry. I´m Adrian Black. I volunteered to watch the place for the night, so it´s cool, no harm done."

"Wehehell, the place is pretty much in ruins there son, I´m Gil Wyman, I´m one of the contractors; we´re gonna work on the walls today so if you need anything just let us know."

"Funny, you paint walls and I hang stuff in them. I should be going now, 'got work to do as well..."

As for me, I sort of had an appointment back in my headquarters in SoHo. The Playground exhibition paintings were selected to be part of a collective art book conveniently named "HELL-O" which featured artists which work was a tad controversial and daring. I already had chosen some works but I also wanted to pair them with some preliminary sketches. But the madness I experienced yesterday was too good to be true. So I rushed to the elevator from the five story building and jumped into my BMW and headed back home.

There was a song in the back of my head, very remote, but since I had nowhere to play it I just hummed it on the way:

"Hello, Hello. It's good to be back, it's good to be back.


Hello, Hello. It's good to be back, it's good to be back."



That´s right, I was sucker for oldies and for some goddamn reason they turned me on, among other things.

"Hello, Edith, are you there?"

I´M JUST ABOUT TO GO INSIDE THE APARTMENT, SWEETIE. SO WHAT HAPPENED THIS TIME?

"Nothing. The contractors arrived on time, but this Wyman is supervising the whole thing...something about the walls in the living room."

YOU WERE IN THE LIVING ROOM; ISN´T IT GREAT? I FOUND IT FAR MORE COMFORTING THAN THE ONE WE HAVE HERE.

"Uh...sure, whatever you say, girl. Listen, I need to tidy up my studio because I´ll some very important people coming over, is my black sketchbook there by any chance?"

OH HO, I THINK I´M GONNA HAVE A HARD TIME FIGURING IT OUT; I HAVEN´T SEEN IT EVER SINCE YOU LOCKED YOURSELF UP PAINTING LAST MONTH...

Shit.

"Well, I´m trying hard to not get so eccentric on you but I´d prefer to have that one. Besides, I need it so they can use some material."

OK, JUST CALM DOWN; LET ME SEE WHAT I CAN DO, BUT I CAN´T PROMISE YOU ANYTHING.

Inspiration had hit me like never before and I couldn´t afford to lose it. I had to make a mental picture of where I put that sketchbook. But since it was somewhat late I couldn´t think straight on an empty stomach.

No comments:

Post a Comment