Saturday, October 23, 2010

A TALE OF THE SWARM

And he was right: he was so goddamn right. The moment I opened the blog section of my website a huge swarm of comments came along even I had some from last week. I can even tell you what sorts of things they had the nerve to spew:

"You might not know this but I often have dreams about you Adrian. They're not offfensive or anything so don't worry. It was so real. I was in a large gallery just like the one you were in Chelsea but even larger. I can even recall there was a hardwood floor and it had many levels. I saw you and the owner of the place promised us we could talk to you in person, however that became incredibly difficult. Do you know how it feels when you're waiting in line outside this very cool nightclub and no one will let you in no matter how hot you look? Same thing.

After a while I discovered that I wasn't gonna able to meet you; I felt so down and out and broken hearted. So then I went with some friends over to the lobby and then they left me all by myself...The place was huge and pretty neat by the way; I could even recall these beautiful ceiling lights that looked like spheres and everything. So anyway I was leaning against a banister doing nothing, just thinking of my poor luck when out of nowhere I heard a voice that said:

"I believe you were expecting me..."

So then when I turned around it was you! You looked so great, all dressed in black and leather. So then I gave you a great big hug and then you told me, "We're friends, right?" And then you left. Just some stuff I thought you'd like to know because I remember the last thing I stared at when I went to bed was your the image of your painting called The Thousand, so then I said," this is the most amazing thing I've ever seen."

"Oh crap, that's so sweet," I said as I made faces to Edith and Mark. "You know, the place she describes looks an awful lot like the Guggenheim Museum, although I haven't been there in a long time...how symbolic even." Lindsay.

SO A GIRL WRITES YOU THAT SHE'S HAD DREAMS ABOUT MEETING YOU?

"You can probably say it's only an innocent fantasy, but I still don't find anything really special about it."

OH THAT'S SO SWEET, WHAT ELSE IS IN THERE?

"Oh well, there's another guy that describes a dream in which I was hanging out with him in some bar in his neighborhood while we gabbed about Dali and how he changed our lives, blah, blah... Do you remember that time when you told me you had hallucinations after watching Ritual, Edith?"

YES, AND YOUR POINT IS...

"See, this thrills me, but I can't stop thinking that there's a pattern in here somewhere. I still don't buy this deal that everybody describes lucid dreams in which they see me; how flattering, but how ass-kissing of them."

ADRIAN...YOU KNOW, I´M THE ONLY PERSON WHO HAS DISCUSSED THOSE THINGS WITH YOU OPENLY.

"Are you sure? Cuz I could tell that was starting to become some sort of trend."

NO, IT´S NOT. YOU HAVE MANAGED TO FISH OUT OF YOUR UNCONSCIOUS THINGS THAT ARE PART OF THE COLLECTIVE UNCONSCIOUS.

"Come again?" asked Mark in a sort of more serious attitude.

"You see, if everyone sees the rabbit as an element of the unconscious mind on the real world then as you dream you will reveal your true self to others. Did you know that in a way the rabbit represents in some ways strong intuition because he can find the way even in the dark?" explained Edith.

"And exactly how did you find that out?" asked Mark.

I´M A FUTURE THERAPIST, I´M APPLYING THE ANALYSIS OF JUNG. NOT THAT HARD.

"Wait a sec...so let see if I get this straight, what happens if my man right here keeps painting rabbits?" asked Mark again.

"Yeah, tell us Edith and you said you´re no psychic..." I said.

THAT YOU CAN EXPECT FOR THESE COMMENTS TO FLOOD YOU FOR YEARS, THUS PEOPLE WILL BUILD A BOND WITH YOU, LIKE THEY´RE PART OF A FAMILY OR SOMETHING...

"How do you stop it then?" I asked looking at her.

DEAR, WHILE YOU WERE READING I DID SOME SERIOUS THINKING ABOUT WHAT YOU WERE PRODUCING AND IT HAS POWER SO BE CAREFUL WITH IT OR ELSE...

"Or else what?" Now she starting to scare me.

THERE ARE VERY SENSITIVE PEOPLE OUT THERE AND THEIR IMAGINATION WILL SOAR AND START TO BELIEVE THAT WHAT YOU EXPERIENCE EVEN THOUGH IT´S JUST A DREAM IS REAL.

"Whatever, as long as it´s all in my head, right?" I said.

THE MIND IS A VERY STRONG MUSCLE; YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT CAN HAPPEN IF YOU STRETCH IT TOO MUCH.

Whatever, as long as it attracts followers.

No comments:

Post a Comment