Tuesday, October 12, 2010

COINCIDENCE


There's no quicker satisfaction than the one that you get online. These were some of the reviews for Playground:

"It's the rabbit that came out of the hat full of magic tricks. Naïve yet cryptic imagery, the show gathers what would be considered the talismans for the young. The Rabbit of The Infinite Strength is one of them; a black rabbit with the infinity symbol on its back, loosely based on the lemniscate from The Strength tarot card. A man playing a boy playing with black magic? How inconsiderate, but at the same time so adequate to illuminate the darkest corners of our imagination." (Mary Bradshaw, NYC Art Magazine).

"There are a handful of artists that come to mind when I see work like this one; Marc Chagall, Dali and Miró who used the element of the rabbit in a more abstract context. Nevertheless, the need to prevail such mythology is more individual than collective." (J.B. Smith, Chelsea Daily Strokes).

"Adrian Black has been questioned for some years about his refusal to paint people most of the time, and with these recent works he reinforces out theory that prefers to surround his art in a more oneiric environment. With this it transforms into a genuine piece of work for any therapist of your choice.” (Morris, Modern Art NY).

SO DID THEY LIKE IT?

“Well, Edith, liking would be a very difficult thing to say in this case.”

HOW COME?

“You see, the more you know the harder it becomes to like something, especially if you´re a critic. But in a few words, it has they approved it. At least they didn´t hang me like in 2008. They already know my style. Sometimes you have to provoke because it´s needed.”

OH, GOOD THINKING.

Mark came over and he looked as partied out as I was but extremely excited to help me uploading material. He was one of my many partners in crime.

“So, whaddaya want me to do this time, bro?” he asked slightly yawning; it was like 10:10 AM

“Whaddaya mean you don´t know? I got tons of material to edit! By the way, what was that name of that girl, the one in the outfit?” I asked as I took that old familiar mild drug called caffeine.

“Lisa. Lisa Stewart,” he said.

“Oh, you have got to fucking kidding me; I used to date a girl called Lisa, but that was back in high school…damn.”

“Well, there you go. Coincidences…”

I hate coincidences, but what the Hell...

(continued)…

No comments:

Post a Comment