Tuesday, October 19, 2010

OF ROYAL BLUE BLOOD

I didn't fall asleep completely; I just rested my head over what seemed to be a yellow pillow on a white leather couch. As I closed my eyes an unfamiliar feeling took hold of me and lifted me. The ambient was tinted blue and every single one of my movements went in slow motion.

When I woke up I found myself in what seemed to be my bedroom, which was very poorly decorated, except for a simple round mirror. I walked over to it and felt the need to extend my arm, as if I was touching it and hoping to get to the other side. Ha, ha, Adrian went through the looking-glass, how amusing.

The so-called other side wasn't the exact opposite of my bedroom yet it seemed more like a tunnel to a hallway although now that I recall it looked more like a gallery. I walked crestfallen as I crossed to the other end, tears were running down my eyes. And so down was I that I didn't even stop to take a look at the paintings hanging on the walls. I felt like I was going into a goddamn emergency room.

I made it back into the living room somehow and I was still lying on the couch. Did the dream end? I wasn't sure. However the next site wasn't pretty. The tall brick walls looked like they were painted in Hell, all scraped or rusty.Suddenly before my eyes a black cross began to appear...I was lucky enough not to see blood, though. Little by little the cross was defining the shape of a human chest and as I kept staring a beam of light coming from it blinded me...

...Now, where was I, an operating room? Some funny-looking doctors wanted to examine me and perform surgery on me; they looked like moles with headlights...oh, that was no cross I saw, it was a fucking incision in my chest, what were they after? Aghh...I felt a slight sting. I turned over, but I didn´t wake up just yet.

Another vision...A beautiful blonde girl was getting dressed and prepared for her wedding...waiting, someone what tightening her corset way too much...she wept. I...I felt like I knew her, that I´d seen her before...

Aghhh...now I woke up for real because I felt a stabbing pain in my left side. Okay, enough mind-blowing shit. I needed to go back home. "Edith..."

ADRIAN; IT´S 2 AM, IS EVERYTHING ALRIGHT? YOU SOUND AGITATED...

"It´s alright, it´s alright...I´ll see you in the morning. It´s just that there´s something about this place I gotta tell you..."

SO IS IT HAUNTED FOR REAL?

"Yes, yes...no, no, no that. I just have to be more careful, that´s all."

YOU DIDN´T HAVE ANYTHING FUNNY BEFORE YOU CALLED ME, RIGHT?

"I´m not that kind of guy! Anyway...I´ll see you in the morning." I hung up and I plummeted in the couch. I was definitely going to like this house...

No comments:

Post a Comment