Sunday, October 10, 2010

BOTTOMLESS


The night rolled on with an endless parade of photographers, wannabes and whatnots and culminated with an incredibly sacrilegious reunion at the charming and dazzling Morimoto, and there we plotted to take over the world over some warm sake, why not?

There was Edith, Dad, Mark, Feivel, Mr. Blackwell and I. A woman blessed among men.

"The cryptic imagery is rather powerful, it has potential and I strongly suggest that you move forward with it, my boy,” said Mr. Blackwell. He looked serene. He looked like one of those old mans that hang around in coffee shops. It was strange how someone like him wanted to help out the young people like me; then again life is damn strange.

"What did I tell you? This is the beginning of a new era," said Feivel.

"Whoa, don´t you think you overdid that, Maus?" I said.

"Absolutely not. I can assure right here, right now, in this very spot that Adrian is my new golden boy..."

"See that; he freaking treats me like the goddamn Don King of art,"

"Wouldn´t surprise me; I saw him first," said Dad. What can I say, he´s made me proud. I used to think the only way to get out of Elyria was in a casket."

"Not anymore, you old dog, not anymore,” I said.

"You´ll love London. But this I must tell you. You´ll have to be prepared to listen to things as they come..."

For a moment I felt some déjà vu that took me back to the Tarot session with Ava that afternoon. I paused for a moment.

"Are you alright Adrian? You became silent all of a sudden," said Edith sort of concerned.

"I´m sorry, you´re really great, all of you." I swung my half empty glass and said, "Whatever happens from here on can be only success."

No comments:

Post a Comment