Thursday, October 21, 2010

LIVE PAINTING

As soon as I got to my place I gave Edith a very intense welcome. She was slightly surprised.

OH WELL, YOU ACT LIKE YOU HAVEN´T SEEN ME IN AGES...YOU SHOULD DO THAT MORE OFTEN.

"Do what more often?" I said as I swirled her shoulders. "Oh yeah...it´s better than getting high, trust me."

"You say that because you´ve done it before, haven´t you? That´s why I asked you last night about it. Any way, now that you´re done with little experiment shall we move to the ´thing´?

She was referring to the sketchbook.

"Yup, the thing...the thing. I may be no psychic but I still need you to give me a boost..."

"Fine, fine," she said as she continued kissing me. "Under one condition..."

"And that is?" I said as my curiosity increased.

TELL ME EXACTLY WHAT HAPPENED LAST NIGHT...WITH FULL DETAIL.

That request sounded hard, but not that hard. Anyway, I narrated the events in the order in which they appeared, highlighting the part about the walls. In the end, Edith said it was stepping into a live painting.

"But um, tell me something, baby...who was that blonde girl you were talking about?" she said as she was putting some books in their place.

"I´ve seen her before...in another dream, but I´d like to think it´s you."

AND I SUPPOSE THAT´S MY OTHER SIDE, MY ALTER EGO, IS THAT IT?

"You asked me to tell you everything! Besides I never dated any blonde girl before; they all had a complexion similar to yours." I was saved for a while.

"If that´s the case, then do you...do you think I wanna commit and take the next step?"

"Woman, it was just a vision; is that the way you think I perceive our relationship?"

I´M NOT PUSHING YOU TO DO ANYTHING; I LOVE THE WAY WE LIVE RIGHT NOW.

"Ah, there! I found what I was looking for. It was on top of a shelf..."

ADRIAN, LOOK AT ME...WHAT DO YOU THINK?

"Oh, damn! I´m tripping with the same goddamn stone all over again..." I felt paralyzed for a while. "It seems like it´s a better opportunity for us, you know this idea of moving on...and my visions are not to be taken literally, even you know that. I can tell that you´ve been tense. So yes, you are being rather pushy Edith. Yet, there´s nothing to be afraid of, really...it´s actually me who doesn´t want to leave, so a part of me is nostalgic. I worked very hard to get here, therefore it has a huge significance."

BUT IT´S NOT SO FAR AWAY FROM CHELSEA, SO RELAX.

So there you have it; she single handedly unraveled my dream. It was just a reflection of apathy and nostalgia for Mercer Street...so did that mean I was some negativity or was it a premoniton?

No comments:

Post a Comment