Sunday, October 24, 2010

THE BRIDE FACTOR

New day, new shit, new everything...which day of the week was it anyway? ah, Thursday! I didn´t really keep track of time until I was done doing work. I took Mark´s advice and found out that I had a sort of full agenda. For example, this weekend we were busy rummaging through my stuff selecting which pieces were gonna go into the art book. The author was an artist as well; his name was Fly and he looked like the kind of person who hangs out in metal bars, but less harmless. He was sort of bulky and bald; great tats by the way but I still can´t drive myself to have one; Edith worships my virginal skin.

I also realized we kept sending each other telepathic signals in our dreams about the same theme: weddings. Now don´t get me wrong, we live together but she doesn´t look like the kind of girl who wants to settle down. Edith is just ready to fly somewhere else, but I don´t she´ll able to follow me everywhere unless I stay here. There will be a moment in which we will both have to go on our separate ways. She knows that very well but that doesn´t automatically give the right to do whatever the Hell I want, like I remember when I began to live alone I used to party harder than now like any young person would...but when I get these huge wake up calls like the one last month and then realize I should take it easy.

Before she went off to college Edith told me she had this one other dream;

She was a teenager perhaps and her family wanted her to get married. So then they set her up with two, yes two prospects. You know when they do those arranged marriages in India? This one was, I guess sort of like the same thing. She was heavily concerned because she claimed to be too young for this. She saw both men and one of them of looked like me...yes, me. The other one, I dunno, must have been some losery guy. Still, she managed to call the wedding off on time. Her mother told her, "you can always do that as long as you´re not wearing the dress, honey."

How was this supposed to make sense in real life? It never does, but it´s actual proof that Edith might still be unsure about certain changes in our relationship. I´m starting to think that this whole idea of living in Chelsea is turning out to be a very hostile situation; was it that in the end SoHo was home after all? Being there was strictly business, not just because; if I had the chance to choose I would never leave but you can never treat an artist like a caged bird; you have to be where the action is. We need to have a more serious talk.

No comments:

Post a Comment