Friday, October 15, 2010

MAD WORLD (continued)...

Did you ever had that moment that as soon as you wake up there´s this one particular song in the back of your head? In my case it was Mad World by Gary Jules. I played it in the living room until it made sense:

"And I find it kind of funny, I find it kind of sad


SO THEN WHY DID YOU PLAY THAT SONG ADRIAN?

"Because if I didn´t do it then it would stay in my head the whole day, Edith. It´s the unconscious. Do you know why that happens when you dream?"

She sat on the couch, very thoughtful as she crossed her legs. "Freud once divided the levels of the mind; from the subconscious you jump to the unconscious as you wake up. So in reality we dream in the process of becoming conscious, not after we fall asleep. Maybe you were associating a feeling with the lyrics."

"Nope,  that´s not it, but thanks anyway."

WELL, DON´T GET SO UPSET WITH ME.

Besides, it makes sense nowadays with all the violence out there and the one inside me. 

This weekend I shut some doors, symbolically speaking. I said goodbye to Adam with a sense of relief, but on the other hand I wish he could be a part of my endless journey. He didn´t seem to be too excited about going back to Elyria; after all, the town has suffered too much in the last five years.

I also headed down to Chelsea to start conditioning my new studio. It turned out to be even more amazing than I thought. It used to be a warehouse and now we would turn into a goldmine. What we loved the most is leaving some very specific details; round, tall windows, different levels. We even planned to make like a small office strictly for business. Well, after several hours I was talked into the idea because I´m a very messy person; I think I said that before.

The place was older than I thought; they call it prewar. And basically that was how I spent my Monday; all messed up on the outside, not so sure about the inside.

After I became so goddamn tired I laid flat on the hardwood floor with Scraps on top of me. I placed my hand upon his head while I made faces with him, "I´m such an idiot, man, you need a girlfriend real badly cuz you´re getting bigger..." 

WHAT ARE YOU DOING DOWN THERE SWEETIE, HAVING FUN?

“I´m just chilling out; can´t I do that every once in a while?” I answered while I kept twitching Scraps´ big ears.

I NEED YOUR HONEST OPINION ON THIS ONE...

“Whatever you say sweet raven…”

WE MUST DO SOMETHING ABOUT THE WALLS TO MAKE THEM MATCH THE PREVIOUS DÉCOR.

“Do you think they don´t go?”

NO, ALTHOUGH, THERE´S SOMETHING WE CAN KEEP. I SEE THE  BRICK WALLS COULD BE A NICE ACCENT, OR SHOULD WE JUST REDO THEM?

“They stay. You know how I hate to disturb old houses…” I said as stood up.

OH, IT´S BECAUSE YOU WANT SOMETHING OLD, ISN´T IT?

“It´s the only way I can actually connect with people. Objects leave traces behind…”

Edith got kind of upset and slightly hit me with a magazine she was flipping for decoration ideas on lofts.

“You always do that, but I guess that´s kind of like your good luck charm, isn´t it?”

“Absolutely…”

“Whatever; I´ll see you in a few minutes. Let me know when you connected with some dead people here.”

Edith walked away giving me the cold shoulder. I hate when she gets stressed.

The dreams in which I'm dying are the best I've ever had
I find it hard to tell you, I find it hard to take
When people run in circles its a very, very
Mad world, mad world."

No comments:

Post a Comment