Tuesday, October 5, 2010

THE THREAD


The more cryptic dreams become the longer it takes to figure them out and this one was stuck in my head all morning and all afternoon. I was walking down the street in a place very similar to the time when I saw that little monster. This time there was a different creature; a rather handsome one I must say. It seemed like a pilgrim falcon but he was kind enough to show me he had a higher authority because he had this sort of black helmet or crown. I handed out a piece of white cotton thread and I begged him to cut it since I couldn't do it on my own. After he had finished the task I thanked him and walked away.
“Oh, but did you know that the thread is an ancient Greek myth?” asked Edith while she was ceremoniously brushed her hair.
"No, I wasn't aware of that," I said as I approached and sat down next to her.
“It should make sense, though. In Ancient Greece there were three Goddesses of Destiny or the Moirae. The first, Clotho, she spun the thread, Lacheses measured it and the last one, Atropos cut the thread of life and she was responsible for the way a person should die.”
“I like that, but I don't like death."
BUT YOU KNOW IT'S CURIOUS THAT YOU MENTIONED IT WAS A WHITE THREAD AND NOT A RED ONE.
"Is that a bad sign?"
OH, YOU MEAN LIKE AN EVIL OMEN? IT'S ALL IN YOUR HEAD.
“See, now that I'm thinking about it I remembered the inaugural ribbons as in the upcoming show, you have to cut them too, at least symbolically. So do you think they have any connection with this dream?"
BUT THEY'RE STILL RED.
“Yeah, well, dreams are not always accurate.”
“No, but they also represent moods. You should know that.” She gently clapped my face like indirectly saying, "don't worry kid, everything's gonna be alright." I'm not usually a pessimistic kind of guy, but these vision things are starting to scare me. Ava clearly said that I had to listen to them as they came. So that means that if I took them literally I’d had to go visit some exotic creature for help cutting a thread, and that makes no sense at all. But since psychics are highly familiar with symbols they should know better than anyone what to do. I was tempted to go again, but I still had my hands full.

No comments:

Post a Comment