Friday, October 22, 2010

BLOOD BROTHERS

"She can also perceive your frailty and that's what sickens her." Ava.


While we were putting books in their place we happened to stumble upon some very interesting titles. Edith thought the best place to look for lost things was in her bookcase. What an awesomely large bookcase she had; it reminded of the bookstore that guy Coreander used to have in The Neverending Story. After we settled our discussion about the supernatural we proceeded to enjoy to an extraordinary bowl of miso soup, I helped.

So as I felt the warmth coming back to my precious body I leafed through the pages another interesting piece of literature called Manual de Psicomagia or in plain English Psychomagic Handbook. It was certainly full of these sorts of twisted rituals, more like something a shaman would do. Edith said that while she doing her practices on NYU she had the pleasure of treating a Chilean patient and heavily recommended her to read this when handling toxic relationships; those I would have to say are the trickiest ones to recognize.

Apparently they start off as an innocent friendship with nothing but good intentions but in the end one of the parties who happens to have an unhealthy habit to live off other people´s experiences instead of his own will eventually consume you, like a vampire. There was a ritual in the book to get rid of them; just grab a picture of that toxic person and put black tape over his mouth as you out it upside down inside a freezer...now that did sound like witchcraft. I wish I could have done that with Lisa.

SO, DID YOU LIKE IT?

"What, the soup or the book?"

THE BOOK, SILLY. I SEE YOU GOT HOOKED ON IT AND STOPPED TALKING TO ME ABOUT AN HOUR AGO.

"Oh, it´s really something else, I gotta tell you that. However this one sounds more like black magic."

NO IT´S NOT! IT MAY SOUND UNCONVENTIONAL BUT I THINK IT WORKS. I´M NOT INTO VOODOO OR ALL THOSE DARK ARTS BUT THIS IS VERY INSIGHTFUL AND CHALLENGING.

"I´ll keep that in mind, especially this part about blocked artists. According to this, parents make you feel guilty for wanting to become a dreamer and eventually they mentally castrate you until you develop writer´s block. You know technically how that is cured?

YES; IT´S A SEXUAL THING, BUT IF YOU WANNA GO AHEAD, DO IT AT YOUR OWN RISK.

"Well, it doesn´t necessarily involve two people. But I think what I did yesterday was cathartic; you should try it too."

DON´T YOU HAVE WORK TO DO?

Again I could feel her discontent. "Sure I do! Now that I found my golden ticket I can work even easier.

A few hours later Mark arrived so he could give me a hand with the material we were going to select for the book. I kept staring at him because he was so bundled up and puffy he looked like the freaking the goddamn Marshmallow Man. I could only see his tiny brown eyes.

"Yes, what´s up, dude? It´s so ridiculously windy outside," he said.

"I don´t feel nothing. You must be allergic to this New York weather," I answered sarcastically.

"Hey, I´ve been talking to Feivel the other day and he´s got some very interesting folk you might wanna talk to, you know...he says you haven´t checked your mail either."

"Whaddaya mean?" I asked feeling slightly indifferent.

"Don´t you know? This shit was amazing! I mean the exhibition attracted so many followers."

"Oh, followers! I know what you´re talking about."

DON´T TRY TO REASON WITH MARK, HE´S FIXATED NOW ON DOING RITUALS.

"I know that, the whole thing about sleeping in empty houses? I should have gone with you, by the way. Isn´t that what a brother´s supposed to do, be there all the time?"

"S-s-sure...whatever you say, bro..." How adorable; I never officially had a brother or sister, so it´s fun when other people are willing to offer to fill that tiny void. The great thing is that you can finally pick on someone no holds barred, so every single time that I could I channeled my sarcasm on Mark. It´s in our nature to destroy ourselves.




No comments:

Post a Comment