Sunday, December 5, 2010

ABUSED (continued):

How wrong was she. The place I´ll have to say was for one night absolute royalty. Droogie had been throwing these parties since 2008 when she was just starting in the music business. What was so different about her? Simple, she just adored theatricality and applied it  in her everyday life, at least that´s what I heard from Stefan, who used and old college friend. He gave me a very warm greeting, but, um, I think he secretly had the hots for me and now it seemed irrelevant.

"Hi, Adrian! I can´t believe I´d found you here, it´s SO amazing!" he said. The guy inevitably had damn good taste from head to toe, clean-cut and sophisticated, nothing like when I met him the first time because he wasn´t an absolute hell of a mess.

"I´m glad you came a long way, " I answered politely. At the same time I held Edith´s hand very tightly as a sign of affection. "This is my girl, by the way, Edith."

"You look so adorable!" said Stefan. "He hasn´t driven you mad yet?"

Edith gave a smart answer, "No, actually that´s my job, dealing with crazy people like him all the time."

"Excellent! So you know, I´m currently working for Hell´s Closet, which is a very ambitious collective that designs for Droogie and it´s like we have to be creative 48/7. That means we have to stretch each day as much as possible!"

"Totally," said George, another one of Droogie´s collaborators, some dude named George. "That woman changes her look SO fast that we had to apply The Red Queen Effect."

"Come again?" I asked.

"If you want to get anywhere else you have to run twice as fast! And by the way it´s the ONLY way to survive in this business."

"I wasn´t familiar with that term, but I think you might be quoting something that the Red Queen said to Alice,"  I said.

"Obviously," said Stefan. "So, I heard about your new show, it was really something."

"I tried SOMETHING new and unusual this time," I said.

"Well, whatever´s in the artwork it sure has Droogie head over heels. It´s like she told me she keeps staring at  it all the time and she gets these amazing ideas, it´s like a talisman for endless inspiration or something."

"You don´t believe in black magic or any of those things, do you?" said George playfully.

"Yes, I do. In fact, there are ghosts where I live and they talk to me all the time, they call them gallerists."

Suddenly, they laughed in unison.

"And that´s why I´m moving on to Chelsea earlier next year. " I said.

"That´s amazing!, " cried Stefan. "I have a friend over there who´s a photographer, hope you bump into him sometime."

I felt sort of uncomfortable with that last comment so I attempted to cleverly change the subject, "So, what´s Droogie gonna present this time?"

"Oh, you´ll see, like I said we´ve been working very hard on the concepts for her new tour next year, it´s sort of like dada, minimalist, in fact this is more like a runway show, performance kinda thing."

"We´re actually looking forward to beat what Terrence Koh does. Our girl is so full of suprises...she´s a dream come true, a goddess, if you will, " said George so mesmerized.

"I have a strong feeling of what she will ´surprise´us with, and I´m no psychic," I said.

The intuition was invading me like a nasty virus. Now I was beginning to understand why the whole thing about the blue dog, as my girl explained earlier.

(continued):

No comments:

Post a Comment