Thursday, December 2, 2010

AFTERMATH

"He found a way to get out of the cage..." I told Edith as I attempted to catch Scraps. He was still big and tremendously cute, even better than the nightmarish hell of a creature I saw yesterday.

"I'm sorry?"she said puzzled.

"I said he learned a way to get out of the cage. I thought he couldn't do it but somehow he was very cunning."

"Well then figure out another way to keep him inside for good...this is like the third time he´s gotten out."

"Maybe he wasn't meant to be caged in the first place, he doesn't take no for an answer, therefore he has a free spirit."

"Like you?"

"Yes, however even he felt that there's something bad here that disturbed him."

Edith stopped, "Is it about the discussion we had yesterday? I thought I made it very clear to you."

"Oh, you made it abundantly clear last night...you didn´t have to be so rough, you know..."

"Isn't that what you wanted, huh?" she said cynically.

Uh, as I predicted it was a long night after all, mind blowing I must add. My loft, especially my studio was getting too creepy for words, but I definitely felt my partner wasn´t with me on this one hundred percent. So we avoided the subject for the remainder of the morning and went downtown for some errands. She looked unsure whether she wanted to come with me for the Droogie party, like she didn´t completely fit in.

I think deep down she wasn´t possessed by a supernatural sexual force yesterday, maybe she did it to impress me because she might not be as extravagant or special. OK, enough about that.

Some very interesting vermin e-mailed me today; as usual my inbox is always because I don´t check it all the time. However, Alice Morris sent me a rather peculiar message where she openly thanked me for the acquisition and it said,

"Dear Adrian,

It has been an amazing experience owning The Thousand. Every morning as I look at it I can´t help noticing that it is filled with wonder and it even helped to cure my insomnia. It also made me think of you which brings me to the question; are you doing well lately? If you don´t mind me telling this but I had the most incredible dream the other day where you spoke to a sad little girl but you refused to pay attention to her and she just answered, "don´t ignore me, Adrian!" So odd, isn´t it?

Happy Holidays,

Alice Morris."

How come she saw Caroline too? Another coincidence, but it also revealed a pattern. Edith had experienced weird dreams from the past with Ritual, which was now sold, and then Droogie, or should I say Sussette which is her real name shared me the picture of a dream I had and she owns Rabbit Monster and Easy On The Eyeliner, and The Thousand.

I casually opened a file which showed the order of the paintings at the Playground exhibition:


The Thousand
Rabbit Monster
The Pool Of Fears
Easy On The Eyeliner
Ritual
The Rabbit Of The Infinite Strength
1:11 AM
Handle With Care
I Attract Vermin
The Tarot Man
1:11 PM
11
Nightmares Have Many Names
The Seer
The White Rabbit of Inle
The Bleeder
Pneumatic For The People
Drive Me
3:15 AM
Art As A Weapon


There were exactly twenty paintings in there, why did I stop at that number? Then I looked at some pictures of Tarot Cards I had out aside; the Magician, the Strength, Judgement. I knew I had studied this before, but why? I would just have to wait then. I was solicited tonight, let´s hope there are no funny tricks at the party.

No comments:

Post a Comment