Sunday, December 26, 2010

AWAKE

Ow, my bed felt so rigid and I was connected to some tubes...oh no, not the hospital again.

"Not just any old hospital, " said a familiar voice than sounded just like Caroline´s...yes. she sat on a chair close to me. "This is Saint Vincent´s to be exact."

"Didn´t that place close just a few months ago? Unless of course I´m in the past."

"NO, it´s the present alright," she continued with a very serene tone. This time she didn´t seem that mad, even her outfit was pale blue, like the first time I met her.

"Then why did you bring me here?"

"I died here, like many innocent people."

"So sorry to hear that. Listen, " I said as I placed my hand on my neck. "I´ve had a very hard night and it seems that you did it, so can I PLEASE go back home?"

"Did you learn anything with this trip?" she said crossing her arms.

"YES! The paintings, they´re a gateway to other people´s minds. With them we are connected; the problem is that you never know who will drop into your visions."

"And that´s why you will have to be more selective! The other girl Lindsay doesn´t seem like much of a choice."

"For what?"

"For The Thousand, of course!"

"Oh, God, I´m tired of all this shit! I´m sorry, I just wanna go back home...I´m tired and I´m sore."

"Very well, you´re right. I´ve been so selfish lately and besides the year is almost over...go back to sleep but think about nice things this time."

"That´s easy..."

"Not after what you just saw, so concentrate real hard, Adrian."

"Edith, she´s the only one who seems nicer than anyone else I´ve ever met, even better than you..." I stuck my head in the pillows, "come back Edith, come back Edith..."

(continued)...

No comments:

Post a Comment