Wednesday, December 22, 2010


IGNITED (continued):


Ah, why didn't it occur to me, to look for the portrait in the same place where Caroline showed me her drawing of the rabbit? That's where it landed, and now that I think about it she could have done the same thing that day I went crazy looking for my sketchbook; now there was doubt there was a ghost in the house.


The black velvet cloth was still covering it but as I slowly unveiled it my hands began to shake and I sat down because like I was sort of dizzy.


God, I haven't seen this in ages and it still frightens me to this day. I painted Lisa exactly the way she was, with impeccable detail back when my style wasn't so abstract. She had incredibly long black hair down to her waist and her face was pale and round; her lips seemed like a cute and yet macabre black bow. Her eyes were ready to tear you apart even if she didn't know you. Her tight velvet dress had a matching choker and to top it all I asked her to sit my favorite Siamese cat on her lap, which is probably the reason why she had that shitty expression; they hated each other.


Now I'm gonna hand it over to my drunkenness because I noticed how a very thin black cross was surfacing over Lisa's face, like a crack glowing and growing, glowing and growing...

I wanted to touch it by mere curiosity to see how it real it was and it turns out that I could penetrate it, like going through the looking glass, not sure where it would take me.

And so I went ahead yet it felt even colder than my apartment enough to chill your bones. Finally, when I got to the other side the scenery looked somewhat familiar...I was inside my studio, again! So what the Hell was that all about, for crying out loud.

It must have been around 4 AM already, too much madness for one day truly seemed like I went to a fucked up Wonderland. So I slowly crept back to my bedroom, making sure the hardwood didn´t creak that much.

WAIT...that wasn´t Edith in my bed, and to my sad fate I knew exactly WHO it was...

No comments:

Post a Comment