Wednesday, December 29, 2010

GIMME STRENGTH (continued):

"Do you realize that we´re just one month away from your birthday?" asked Edith.

"Don´t even mention it! I don´t like the idea of getting older..." so I said. "What about it?"

"Oh, nothing, just giving something else to look forward to next year."

"For sure I won´t be doing the same thing as in this one, I promise."

The day was becoming horribly slow, and especially with the heavy snowstorm outside. I went out just for a while and realized it was a war zone out there. There was no huge need to be somewhere else. What I did find out eventually was that Ava came back since she´d been out of town. Now she was ready to perform more readings because of New Year´s. I thought I´d paid her a visit as soon as the weather was better.

While it was a huge tradition to be in Times Square I strongly differed. Edith said that I was being sort of antisocial but I kindly explained I was very specific and then continued saying I was being very eccentric.

"Being specific is definitely not the same as being eccentric, woman. I happen to like something in particular and so I stick to it."

"But, um, wouldn´t that make you sort of predictable?" she said as she had her usual second cup of coffee.

"Yes, but then I figure out an effective way to shift, just like I did this time with my current exhibition. Somewhere along the way I heard this, "expect the unexpected", thus I´ll continue to be that way."

"And how does that explain the whole deal of you coming with me to Times Square?"

"Well it might mean that I usually don´t do it and if you expect me not to be there and assume that I won´t be there at all then you know me very well and I wouldn´t like that at all, which is when I would make the bold decision of going."

"So is that a yes or a no?"

"Yes! I´m just messing with you. I´m an artist, I´m supposed to have some sort of mantra or philosophy, I can get away with it."

"Even murder?"

"Oh, now, you´re being very naughty, but, yes maybe."

"Tell me something Adrian, was Lisa that meaningful?"

"God..." I made a very long pause. "I grew afraid of people like her, that´s why I ended up hating all this Occult shit and now it´s literally coming back to haunt me."

"And did it ever occur to you that it was your hidden talent desperately wanting to come out?"

"Well then I guess I´m in the wrong business, huh?"

"No, no, no, you have managed somehow to combine these mysterious events and your art. Now that I would say is what truly defines you, which means that you weren´t being yourself years ago."

It was unusual that she meant to say that I was centered and not a nut job in the end. We´ll have to wait and see until next year...

No comments:

Post a Comment