Wednesday, November 10, 2010

AFTER THE RABBIT (continued):

"Darling!", cried the young Droogie as she gave me a sort of rehearsed Italian kiss, you know, both cheeks. Her embrace even felt sort of familiar, as if we had met before...nah.

"I had to come here live, you know because I´m currently planning my decor of my new place over that new SoHo complex and I thought, "this is perfect!" A close friend of a friend of a friend shared some pics when they were at the show that Friday...You look amazing as well, amazing..."

The girl just kept talking and talking, and talking as I stared like the idiot I was, not.

"So, um, what brings you to SoHo, almighty goddess?" I asked.

"Well, simply everyone who´s anyone is picking out this handsome little big neighborhood, don´t you agree?" She said as she kept playing with a lock of her blonde hair.

"Absolutely...I keep telling this guy right here that I refuse to leave unless he puts me beside beautiful people like yourself."

Feivel was furious, but he answered politely like the gentleman he was, not.

"Oh, sure...not, don´t believe that guy, he´s crazy. Actually he´s a sort of verbal terrorist."

"That I can tell. Anyway, this is my personal assistant and almost sister, Sophie..."

Now girl Sophie was hot, I was so thrilled meeting the most popular girls in school. Nothing like Lisa...She greeted me as well, sort of shy.

"So can you tell us a little bit about the concept of your paintings, Adrian?" asked Sophie with a sort of snobby tone.

"Em, well, you see..." I said as I spread my arms attempting to be more impressive. "I play close attention to my dreams, very close attention. So one fine day this furry little dude shows up and I decided to paint it because it was sort of stuck in my head ever since I can remember. Edith, my girlfriend and partner in crime says it´s an archetype..."

"That´s rather interesting...what´s an archetype?" asked Droogie faking interest.

"It´s a psychological term, you know, like a symbol of something else..."

"And that is?" she continued.

"Whatever you like...and that´s the beauty of it. There´s something I should warn about though..."

"What? They´re too big, too expensive, very delicate? Because that won´t be a problem, " answered Droogie a little bit startled putting her hand on her awesome chest.

"Nah, forget it...it´s just a urban legend."

"Alright, bad boy, keep it too yourself. I love mysteries."

"Anyway, it´s been a genuine pleasure meeting your Mr. Black. We must be going now, right dear?" said Sophie.

"Absolutely. Hey, um, I´ll be sure to highly recommend to the guys upstairs. I´ll still be doing a handful of shows this year, busy season you know! But if you´re certainly not too busy by the next year I´ll ask you do some work for me, wouldn´t that be great?"

"That´s amazing, girl!" I said. "But go easy on me..."

"Isn´t he adorable?"

I was thinking exactly the same thing about her, but was she flirting with me? Whatever. But Feivel was more than excited for we were playing with the big leagues now...Success at last.

No comments:

Post a Comment