Monday, November 15, 2010

THE TWO FACES OF EDITH (continued):

Edith was growing more and more mysterious with every step I kept taking. Here you have that's she's like a delicate child with glowing eyes and inviting smile, but on the other hand sometimes she acts like she's hiding something, which gives birth to that hideous, disgusting word that somehow manages to ruin relationships like vermin does; SECRETS.

That day when we last looked in the mirror to observe my creation a vision came like a flash; it was a child running, no wait, escaping from something or someone. She was wearing a bright red hoodie...little red running hood? I didn´t think so. I told Edith and she flipped out; she went silent and then slowly walked away.

When we returned home she still felt distant, so I played along and didn´t say a single word. I let her experience the uncomfortable silence, a sort of torture, and then just like that, she snapped.

THAT LITTLE GIRL WAS ME! HOW COULD YOU KNOW THAT IF I NEVER TOLD YOU?

"Eh...that´s rather interesting, but why were you running away?" I answered with caution. She was silent again; she crossed her arms as she plummeted in the couch. "Edith, why were you running away? You´re not denying what I described to you, so?"

THAT´S IN THE PAST, ALRIGHT? I´M JUST AWFULLY SURPRISED YOU SAW THAT! IS THAT SOME NEW TALENT I WASN´T AWARE OF?

"No...it just happened, that´s all, " I continued as I joined her.

I CAN´T BELIEVE YOU SAW SOMETHING SO ACCURATE LIKE A MEMORY THAT BELONGS TO SOMEONE ELSE.

"Well, now it´s MY memory I suppose because I will remember it," I answered quite confident. She gave me a pat on the shoulder; her eyes looked sort of cloudy, "I think, I think this has gone a little bit too far, don´t you think?"

"What are you talking about? I think we just started!" But then she went in another direction as she shrugged her arms, "Goodnight Adrian, goodnight. I don´t wanna continue this conversation anymore, OK? I´m off to bed."

"Now, wait a minute, you leave just like that in the middle of a conversation?"

QUIT IT! IT NEVER HAPPENED...I, I NEED SOMETIME TO EXPLAIN IT, ALRIGHT?

Then it hit me. I had a close encounter with her dark side, what´s next?

(continued)...

No comments:

Post a Comment