Monday, November 8, 2010

AFTER THE RABBIT...

It was a drafty December morn. I woke up at 8 AM and I was under the covers sipping coffee like the mild stimulant addict that I am as I watched with awe a rerun of all time favorite movie Watership Down.

"All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a Thousand Enemies. And whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first, they must catch you, digger, listener, runner. Prince with a swift warning. Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed."
Edith looked rather surprised for my childish behavior, come to think of it she already was concerned for my other unusual behaviors.

"Are you alright, Adrian?,"she said as she sat down with me on the hardwood floor. I hated these typical rehearased questions, just tell how many people in this world have the guts to say, "NO, I'm not alright!" because you always have to answer the contrary in order to keep everyone happy, especially someone so perky as my girl. So I said, "Yeeees..." but she grew more concerned as she shrugged her shoulders.

THAT'S NOT NICE! ARE YOU BEING SARCASTIC AGAIN?

"Um, no. I'm pretty lucid right now, Edith. I got a date with destiny." I was referring to my close encounter with Droogie. Man, she was only 23 and had acheived worldwide success, practically everyone talked about her.

UH, YES, YOU TOLD ME ALREADY. BUT TRY TO REMAIN CALM...

"Hey, uh, are you feeling jealous? Because that I could definitely detect..."

WHY WOULD I BE JEALOUS? I'M SHARING YOU WITH THE REST OF THE WORLD LIKE YOU ALWAYS TOLD ME TO.

"Don't get mad at me but I had the most curious dream yesterday..."

REALLY? I'D LOVE TO HEAR THAT, BUT CAN YOU PLEASE GET UP SO WE CAN DISCUSS THAT IN THE KITCHEN.

"Ok, whatever you say..."

So then as we had a spiritually infused breakfast I narrated my oneiric exoerience. "Yeah, so imagine; I laid down and all of a sudden all these beautiful girls paraded before me, but all they all had rabbit masks on them."

LIKE BUNNY GIRLS?

"I wish! But no; they just wore very handsomely crafted masks, like something post modern. Anyway, they all strarted to reveal their faces and one of them exclaimed, "I'm the rabbit, Adrian; I'm the one you've been looking for!" But then the girl next to her said exactly the same thing and so did the rest. So in the end they all threw themselves upon me..."

AND?

"...and that's it!"

MMM, I HAVE A FEELING THERE'S SOMETHING YOU'RE NOT TELLING ME, BUT I'LL LET YOU KEEP YOUR FANTASIES ANYWAY...

I kinda smiled stupidly, "Yes, I'm excited, very excited..."

Around the afternoon, let's 4 o' clock I arrived at the M. Gallery with impecable punctuality along with Feivel. He looked very excited as well. You see, because of the horribly busy schedule these artists have they don't have the time for these trivialities and send their assistants, but I was amazed to hear that Droogie would be there personally.

I enjoyed what she had on; she had a faux fur that went all the way down to her waistline, high heel leather stiletto boots, wide sunshades and laced stockings. She also liked to wear different wigs with shrilling tones instead of dying her hair. Droogie was pretty scrawny but it made sense because a voluptous blonde would have looked incredibly ridiculous.

(continued)...

No comments:

Post a Comment