Friday, November 12, 2010

THE LIVING CANVAS

"I should tell you, sweet raven, I had a bizarre afternoon yesterday, even for me."

"Oh..., Edith gave a sustained sigh. "Really?, so what's Ms. Droogie like in person?"

"Ok, I guess. But she felt rather familiar..."

"Well that's because she grew up on the streets of Brooklyn, so I've heard."

"No, but that's not it; it feels like I HAVE met her before, like in a dream or in another life, maybe..."

"Oh, c'mon Adrian! Don't let your imagination get the best of you..."

"No it's not, in fact it's very becoming. Look how hot I'm getting right now I feel like rock n' roll royalty."

"Ok, so when you come to your senses can you please get out of there?"

"No...I'm in the Pool Of Fears...please help ME get out...," I said in a very somber tone.




I was sort of performing a ritual for relaxation in the bathtub. A kaleidoscope of visions came to me, and no, I still didn't do any heavy drugs. I was under the impression that I was doing astral projection because I may have bumped into Droogie's universe. Whenever I plunge into my tub the inspiration through me and enables each and everyone of my senses...it's funny how this time it was my sixth sense talking.

I saw being at a party in SoHo; big deal, I never get out of here, but yes it was sort of private. I'm not sure how continue with this part but I felt turning into a dog, a blue dog to be exact and made it successfully through the velvet rope, oh yes! The again Edith told me that it meant something about deep intuition.

WAS IT LIKE A HOUND DOG?

"Nah, it was more like one of those stubby weiner dogs, you know. He was shiny blue, like cerulean...mmm, which reminds me of the Blue Period.

OR IT COULD BE A PUN FOR THE BLUES, YOU KNOW, LIKE HOLIDAY BLUES? BUT AT SOME POINT THAT'S CONSIDERED NORMAL.

"But that's not all..." I said as I layed my head on my left hand with an eerie tone. "You see, I was also sick, like very sick, so much that I couldn't get out of bed at all..."

AGAIN, LIKE IN NOVEMBER?

"Mmm, yeah, pretty much. I was so goddam stubborn that I refused to take my medications so my mother came in and inserted a large pistol in my mouth..."

THAT'S PECULIAR...

"That's used for drenching. You never saw that when you were young?"

I, I SUPPOSE NOT.

"They use it on farms, to help animals when they're too weak, you know like cows, or sheep...I may paint that, so don't laugh!"

THAT'S VERY AMUSING, BUT WHY DO YOU SEE YOURSELF AS AN ANIMAL NOW?

"Because it's my animal nature, woman! I love to be nosy like a dog, but then again I'm fragile and helpless sometimes."

AND WHAT ABOUT THE RABBIT?

"What about the rabbit?! Oh, that reminds me..." I said as I went a bit deeper into the now semi icy water..."There is one another thing you could give me as a present..." Edith looked at me as though I was inducing her to do nasty things. "I'm planning on having my skin punctured and painted permanently..."

"What?," she shook her head and then she said, "I get it. Well, I guess it was bound to come sooner or later, the question why didn't you do it when you were younger?"

"Cuz the girls digged my virginal skin and so did you..."

"Then I suppose you might as well become a living canvas..." She pawed me with her delicate pale hands.

"So you're not mad? Can I, can I?" I said in a childish manner.

"As long as it's something truly amazing like the things you draw."

"Like a naked woman?"

OF COURSE NOT, BUT HOW DID YOU COME UP WITH THAT IDEA, DID IT JUST POP INTO YOUR HEAD?

"No, of course not! It attracts me, and I think I know exactly what I want...but you must come with me, so that you make sure I'm taken care of."

FINE, I WOULDN''T MISS THIS FOR THE WORLD...

"Great! I know just the place..."

SO WHEN DO YOU WANT TO DO THIS?

"This afternoon..."

SO YOU'RE FREE...

"Well, not exactly. I had to go with my buddy Fly to keep on working on the art book, but he does these this kinda things; he showed his studio and everything. He's so badass..." As I stepped out and contemplated the steamy oval mirror on the wall I said to myself, "What a lucky bastard. But this is gonna her more than it hurt me..."

No comments:

Post a Comment