Tuesday, November 16, 2010

"Did you sleep well yesterday. it's just a thought?" I asked Edith as we went down the stairs for breakfast.

"Sure, if you consider that you held me tight like I was a stuffed toy," she answered somewhat moody.

"Don't be sad; look, if you give me one of those killer smiles of yours I'll forget about the whole thing."

"But you said so yourself; it's your memory too. Besides, I had the feeling I went somewhere else last night," she continued.

"Like an astral projection?"

"NO!"

"I'll tell you where I 'went' if you tell me first...," I was actually referring to my dream.

"I feel like you're actually analyzing me, but anyway..." She went to the living room and squatted in the couch very playfully clutching her cup with exotic red tea. "It was in December. I was running through the forest when I was about six years old. Back then they made me wear my hair short, which I hated by the way and I had a fluffy red sweater with some pretty pink pants. It wasn't very cold back then, that seemed rather odd. I stopped by a small bridge and there I stayed all afternoon until mom found me, by then I was sort of messy."

"But why were you running away? That's what I want to know, if you don't mind."

Edith's voice began to tremble, " Oh Dear God, this was supposed to be so over!" She threw her hands over her face and up to what I noticed she pretended to sound like her mother... I was literally on the edge of my seat.

- Edie? What are you doing down there? Why, you're all dirty and wet!


- I'm sorry, but I don't wanna go back home right now.


- It's, b-because of Uncle Fred...


-What about him? You always loved when your cousins come over like Missy and Brian...don't you like that?


- They say I'm big, ugly liar and that my tongue will fall off if I keep telling lies...


-What lies, sweetie?


- He's a MEAN man, a very, very MEAN man...he made me do things that felt sort of icky...

I'M SO SORRY, I CAN'T CONTINUE, THIS IS TOO MUCH FOR ONE DAY...

So then I approached her and hugged her like the lost, broken child she was, "It's OK, it's OK, but I think you're mad at yourself and not mad at me. Did you know stuff like that can ruin any single relationship you try to build?"

EXCUSE ME, BUT I'M THE ANALYST RIGHT HERE. I WAS EVALUATED PREVIOUSLY YOU KNOW, OTHER WISE I CAN'T PRACTICE.

"Then you just found a way to coexist with it and not telling me?"

I KNOW, I KNOW. BUT IT'S A TOUGH PILL TO SWALLOW. IT HAUNTS FOR YEARS AND YEARS. THAT'S WHY I DECIDED A LONG TIME AGO THAT IF I COULDN'T HELP MYSELF, I'D HELP OTHERS.

"And so far you've been doing real well, girl! Of course, I don't mind you using me as a guinea pig every now and then until I lose my mind..."

ADRIAN, PLEASE! NOW TELL ME WHAT YOU SAW YESTERDAY, WASN'T THAT THE PLAN?

"Oh yeah! I forgot about that." I sat upon the chilling hardwood floor, I didn't care, I was relaxed. So I continued as I joined her with the same tea. It's funny how sometimes red tea makes you feel very uninhibited yet at the same time it doesn't technically count as a drug. So I slowly sipped and continued;

 "I was at the beach, but I don't think it was a summer day because it didn't feel very hot. As I walked I stumbled upon a girl, she was a blonde. She was somewhat tall and had this beautiful baby blue dress, yet it was sort of transparent, like see through.

I could clearly appreciate her bare chest and it looked all bruised and lacerated. I tried to talk to her but she cried and ran off. I decided to follow her and ended up in some kind of old factory. Apprently they made soap."

SOAP?

"Yeah, that's what I said," I took another sip and continued; damn I was relaxed, like I was touching the sky, "So I went inside the factory. It looked rather old, like it was a wooden house."

MAYBE IT'S BECAUSE OF THESE BUILDINGS; THEY'RE VERY ANCIENT, YOU KNOW. THERE IS ONE OVER HERE, ACTUALLY LIKE THAT...

"I don't know, let me finish. So then I sat down with the girl while I watched her work on the soap, almost hand made. She wasn't making it or anything, more like putting the finishing touches or something. I told her if there was something that I could do to make her feel any better but she refused at first."

YOU WERE SUPPOSED TO HELP HER THEN?

"I'm not God; why would I do that? Anyway, she accepted my help and we finished together what she was doing. However, for some reason, I wasn't supposed to be there...

ACCORDING TO WHO?

"To her boss. I didn't see him per se yet I looked up and saw his office. There were some black letters on the windows though; they slowly began to draw themselves; C and K. As soon as I started making them out the windows smashed, as if I wasn't supposed to read them out loud. And that's it."

MAYBE IT'S WASN'T ANY OF YOUR BUSINESS TO BEGIN WITH.

"What makes you thing it wasn't about you?"

OK, WHY I AM A BLONDE GIRL IN YOUR DREAM?

"Because it's your other self, probably. See, now that I think about it I keep seeing you the same way, as if you were Alice."

AS IN THE FICTIONAL ALICE, AND THEN WHO WOULD YOU BE?

"The rabbit, of course! Then it would make perfect sense. I am supposed to guide you to Wonderland, but apparently you don't want to go there..."

DON'T TRY TO PULL THAT ON ME, I AM THE ONE WHO'S THE HEALER LIKE I TOLD YOU BEFORE, REMEMBER?

Edith was becoming more agitated, so I handled the situation with extreme care. "What if I think is that we can both heal each other, YET you lack what I have and the same thing for me. We complement each other, so we work well together, don't you get it? But if you walk away from me things will get very, very difficult."

I'M AFRAID TO JUMP SOMETIMES, YOU KNOW.

"I became aware of that several months ago."

No comments:

Post a Comment