Sunday, November 28, 2010

HELL´S HUNDRED ACRES (continued):

"We´re not alone in here, did you know that?" I said to Edith.

She looked sort of lost for a moment, but then she smiled thinking it was another one of my many wild dreams. I decided we should talk after building up some suspense over lunch, for it seemed that even in my silence the fear of a child was present.

"OK, so why do you say that?" she said as she took me by the arms.

I took a deep breath and hoped for the best because this good be a long, long night. "I, um, need to be serious for a moment. You know how I´ve been sharing with you for the past two months all these crazy shit and so far you´ve been a doll and all of that..."

"Yeah..." She looked at me with her mouth wide open and listening to every single word I was spitting out.

"But I believe there´s a strong reason why I´ve been acting like this...and I can assure you it has very little do with psychological issues."

"Well, you know I didn´t have all the answers, honey, why do you say that now, don´t you think it´s a little ridiculous?"

"Alright..." I stopped and sipped some wine. "Do you remember you told me that this place used to be a factory of some sort?"

"Yes...oh, don´t tell me you´ve been investigating it because I can tell by the way you´re looking at me...is it bad?"

"Uh, no, it´s nothing bad, really, but..."

"So why do you sound so serious, tell me."

I threw my hands over my face. "Don´t...I can sense there´s something unusual in this room, something, like supernatural, like from another time, like someone was trying to call me, like..."

"A ghost?"

"And what if I told you I did see one last night while you were asleep?"

Edith didn´t say a word after that; she just approached me and tapped my shoulder, "Fine..."

"That´s it? That´s your explanation, FINE?"

She kissed me, yet her touch seemed rather distant, like she wasn´t there at all, I felt like I was losing the battle, "Listen, I got some stuff to do as well. When you come to your senses you can come upstairs."

The studio began to feel abnormally cold and I became very agitated and nervous. As Edith slowly left I fell on my knees feeling like a helpless animal. I noticed how hardwood floor felt incredibly hot; it was burning, but at the same time I didn´t get hurt at all. Suddenly I turned my head and my studio was gone. It was filled with debris and broken machinery like conveyor belts. The tall windows were all smoked and rusty and there was a pungent smell of oil. I realized the sun was still up, I could even feel a slight breeze coming from the outside.

HI AGAIN...

I turned around and knew who it was. Caroline had come back.

No comments:

Post a Comment