Wednesday, November 3, 2010

SUCCESS

A mysterious presence from the unknown emerged...

HEY, SWEET THING, WE´RE HAVE YOU BEEN? ALWAYS HIDING OUT FROM THE SPOTLIGHT, WHAT ARE YOU BECOMING A VAMPIRE?

"Um, no, but I have been hanging out with some witches lately...say, how are things going in the art world, is it a good business?" I said sarcastically to Feivel while I was hanging out in my studio.

LISTEN, YOU ARE SO NOT GONNA BELIEVE THIS...DO YOU KNOW THAT GIRL DROOGIE?

"Uh, yeah, isn´t it that singer chick who goes out wearing her entire closet?" I replied.

YES, WELL HER ASSISTANT CALLED IN AND IS WILLING TO GET RABBIT MONSTER AND EASY ON THE EYELINER, SHE WAS SWEPT AWAY BY THEM...

"How much?" I said insistingly.

"20 grand for the first and 25 grand for the second one..." he answered.

"Alright! These rock stars are sure crazy ´bout art, aren´t they?"

WELL, YOU SEE IT´S A MATTER OF TRENDS. LET´S SAY WE FOUND A MARKET FULL OF CRAZY COLLECTORS AND I THINK IT´S A SWELL IDEA TO STAY THERE.

"Can I meet her? I´m her biggest fan..." I said in a sort of fake, childish tone.

NO, NO, BE SERIOUS. LISTEN, IF WE KEEP UP THIS TREND THEY WILL BE CHOOSING YOU FOR MORE COMMISSIONS AND THAT´S EVEN BETTER.

"Why?" I said.

I THINK YOU FOUND THE SECRET FORMULA, OR RECIPE OR SOMETHING; SHE FELL IN LOVE WITH THE RABBITS.

"Who doesn´t, my mousy friend?"

I JUST CAME TO DROP THE NEWS; I´LL GIVE YOU THE DETAILS LATER. KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK.

Somehow I felt that the attention coming from the mainstream pop industry sounded more like selling out, but hey that girl Droogie, who happened to grow up in the humble streets of Brooklyn had now chosen my art to enhance the beauty of her new pad in the nicest part of SoHo. Maybe I´ll drop by soon and check her out...

In other news, a good friend of mine Mikester was having an exhibition over at a gallery in Chelsea. I couldn´t say no; he was a sort of partner in crime in art school. Nobody thought that he could be successful because he was considered like a sort of geek, but then he hit the spot by turning the geek parafernalia into something trendy and chic and there you go. We found the g spot of people´s psyches and they seemed to be enjoying it very much. This was gonna be a very memorable day...

No comments:

Post a Comment